Selkirkshire Genealogy and Family History Selkirkshire@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.ioSelkirkshire, Scotland genealogical and family research, from the distant past to the present. This group succeeds SCT-Selkird at Rootsweb archived 2 March 2020.
Selkirkshire parishes: Ashkirk, Ettrick, Galashiels, Innerleithen, Kirkhope, Roberton, Selkirk, Stow, Yarrow, and the ancient parishes of Boldside/Boleside/Bowside, Buccleuch, Duchoire, Kirkhope, St Mary's, and Wedale. The County of Selkirk (Scottish Gaelic: Siorrachd Shalcraig) is a historic county and registration county of Scotland. It borders Peeblesshire to the west, Midlothian to the north, Roxburghshire to the east, and Dumfriesshire to the south. It derives its name from its county town, the Royal burgh of Selkirk.
Between 1890 and 1975, Selkirkshire was one of the thirty-three administrative counties of Scotland. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selkirkshire). Although the county is no longer a legal entity, genealogy and family history research in the parishes in the historical counties - Ashkirk, Caddonfoot, Ettrick, Galashiels, Kirkhope, Selkirk, and Yarrow are still covered to modern times. The major towns are Galashiels and Selkirk.
Rootsweb list archives: https://lists.rootsweb.com/hyperkitty/list/sct-selkirk.rootsweb.com/
Selkirkshire message board: https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.britisles.scotland.sel.general/mb.ashx
Subject tag: [SLK]
- 22 Members
- 4 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- This is a subgroup of Scots.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]