From: Lauraine Syrnick
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2020 11:16 AM
To: Scots@scotland-genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] Thomas Smith b 1854 in Shetland

Thomas was born to Laurence Smith
and Anderina Eunson/Yonson. He is the
only one in this Smith family I cannot find.
Thomas was living with in his Mothers home in the 1871 Census but then disappears. His mother lived until 1898. We visited Shetland in 2016 but no one seemed to know where he went. Scotland’s People’s has no record of his death. Anyone who can help?
Lauraine.

Josephine Conray

Hi Lauraine.

I could not find any think on Thomas himself but I have on his family. His brother Laurence Smith b1842-1904 emigrated to Canada in 1872 may be he went there also.

Sorry I could help more

only one in this Smith family I cannot find.
Thomas was living with in his Mothers home in the 1871 Census but then disappears. His mother lived until 1898. We visited Shetland in 2016 but no one seemed to know where he went. Scotland’s People’s has no record of his death. Anyone who can help?
Lauraine.

Lauraine Syrnick

I also had this information plus a lot more as his brother was my G Grandfather who married Eliz. Albright called Laurence Smith who came to Canada with the Hudson Bay Co.   I have most of Eliz. Albright information except still looking for my late 3x Great Grandmoher,  a Nicol/Nichol tho have both her marriages.  Just missing her parents and it says in the U.S. Census she was born abroad a ship in 1800 Ha ha. She had her family in Quebec but moved with her 2nd husband to U.S.

Thomas seems to be impossible to find - so many Thomas Smith and know he was the youngest child of Laurence & Anderina.  For anyone who is trying to find more information on anyone born on Shetland please see:

Lauraine (Smith) Syrnick