Topics

Test

Judy Last

I sent a previous message which didn't work out as I expected, so this is a test.

Judy Last

Jim Tinlin

Testing as well, didn't see my last one.

Ray Rob

Well received in New Zealand

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 7:46 AM Jim Tinlin <jimtinlin@...> wrote:
Testing as well, didn't see my last one.

Lynne Roberts

Well, I'm behind the eight ball here - my guess that someone has requested a roll call, so I'll add my Scottish brick wall.

My 3rd great grandfather is Duncan Campbell - is there a more common Scottish name?  He arrived in the US around 1800 with a wife, Christiana and daughter Katherine.  I have researched him extensively for years and have found not a whiff of information about his origins other than "Scotland" - not even in his naturalization information.  I went to Scotland - and spent a great deal of time on Scotland's people looking for christening or other family documents that might give me a clue.  Based solely on the given names - I finally decided that he came from the Killin area in Perthshire.  I found a letter from a Peter Campbell about son Duncan (Duncan's oldest son was named Peter) in the Scottish archives in Edinburgh complaining about to the laird about the misappropriation of land.  The family ended up in Radnor, Delaware, OH after stops in Pennsylvania and Licking Co, OH.  This is probably TMI but I'm always hoping that something will ring a bell with someone.

Lynne Roberts
Roseville, CA

Edie McArthur

I can see your test email Judy.
Edie McArthur

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 11:28 PM Judy Last <paljude@...> wrote:
I sent a previous message which didn't work out as I expected, so this is a test.

Judy Last

Edie Mc

Your test is visible as well Tim as was your previous message and Judys.  I was having problems but okay no, so maybe you are having the same problems.  I was being told I hadnt subcribed.  Anyway  Valorie will fix it.
Edie

Testing as well, didn't see my last one.

Edie McArthur

Hi Lyn,
I am jumping on the band wagon again as one of the surnames coming through for the 9 branches on the McArthur lineage is Campbell.  I ask you as well as another researcher.  Has any of your Campbell males been Ydna tested with familytreedna.  I have two sons and their father tested. One son and his father have  Y111 nine men including the Campbell is still there.I will need to look which location but most are from the Caithness and Sunderland area.  Duncan and Peter are used as sons by our Bounty Immigrant John McArthur who we too are having trouble with.  A DNA test all male line would help but alos autosomal.  We have tests with ancestrycom as well as My Heritage for the autosomal tests also Family Finder and  YDNA with Familytreedna.  It will close the gap a little. I will take a lootk later and see which area the Campbell comes from.  If you have tested and dont match with us that is the answer though isnt it?
regards
Edie McArthur
Edie McArthur

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 8:06 AM Lynne Roberts <lnroberts673@...> wrote:
[...]

moi aussi

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 11:44 AM Edie McArthur <rootsancestry57@...> wrote:
I can see your test email Judy.
Edie McArthur

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 11:28 PM Judy Last <paljude@...> wrote:
I sent a previous message which didn't work out as I expected, so this is a test.

Judy Last

Lynne Roberts

Edie - Duncan Campbell, my ancestor, - all of the descendants of that family are through the marriages of their daughters, Katherine (Toothaker), Elizabeth (Rankin), Susanna (Wise), Isabella (Darst) - and one daughter of son Peter (my second great grandfather) and wife Elizabeth Winn - daughter named Emma Maline Campbell married Tallmadge Norwood - Peter's son William Henry died very young in the Civil War .  I have discovered many Norwood matches, but have been unable to weed out any Campbell matches among them.  Only autosomal - no males.  Duncan also had a son named William who migrated into "West Canady" and was evidently never heard from again.  If you want to look further, check out my website at http://www.lynnesgenealogy.com - look at the Norwood files especially the "Pedigree - Family Group Sheet" file.

Lynne

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 4:41 PM Edie McArthur <rootsancestry57@...> wrote:
[...]

HI Lynne
Thanks very much for letting me view your website Lynne. I am going to put all of my sons and their fathers Y111 matches over, there are only nine men and the Campbell is amongst them.  Only the furthest ancestor of the donors who bear the same surname as their ancestors, not the donors themselves.  It will help our family and maybe anyone out there who have any of the men mentioned.

I wished I was as intelligent as you and could create a website like that.  I will show it to my son who does genealogy and we are both trying to break this wall down.  He is a school teacher so may find the time one day to create a website.

thanks again
Edie McArthur

Edie - Duncan Campbell, my ancestor,  - all of the descendants of that family are through the marriages of their daughters, Katherine (Toothaker), Elizabeth (Rankin), Susanna (Wise), Isabella (Darst) - and one daughter of son Peter (my second great grandfather) and wife Elizabeth Winn - daughter named Emma Maline Campbell married Tallmadge Norwood - Peter's son William Henry died very young in the Civil War   .  I have discovered many Norwood matches, but have been unable to weed out any Campbell matches among them.  Only autosomal - no males.  Duncan also had a son named William who migrated into "West Canady" and was evidently never heard from again.  If you want to look further, check out my website at http://www.lynnesgenealogy.com - look at the Norwood files especially the "Pedigree - Family Group Sheet" file.

Lynne

One thing to keep in mind -- Groups.io is set up so that the first post from anyone is moderated -- even us moderators! So start posting, all you silent people!

And for those who like a quiet list, remember that you can login to the group (click "forgot my password" if you don't have one) and Mute topics in which you are uninterested. Don't worry, you can change your mind later. :-)

Valorie