Topics

STEPHENS/PRATT

Judy Last

Trying to find out more about JAMES STEPHENS who married HANNAH PRATT or BRETT on 9 April 1775 at St Cuthberts, Edinburgh.  I can't find their births, although I do know that Hannah's father was named Thomas!

James and Hannah were my 4 x Gt.Grandparents, and their daughter EMELIA STEPHENS was my 3 x Gt.Grandmother.  I have been unable to find a birth/baptism for her (born about 1779) or her sister Eleanor (born about 1781).   A son was born on 21 Feb 1776 in Edinburgh and named DAVINELL ??? (could this have been Daniel mistranscribed)?   Nothing more is known or has been found of Davinell.

James and Hannah with Emelia and Eleanor, did move to Birmingham, England possibly before 1795 and died there.

Any help finding them in Scotland would be fantastic!

Judy Last