SHAW family

Elaine Jefferson

Hoping some one can help with this elusive family  Katherine McEwen born 1765 Dumbartonshire married Hugh Shaw 1786 Rhu Dunbartonshire This came from Scotlands people with very little to go on  I dont know anything of Hugh Shaw nor where he came from The Registers for GLASGOW shows their children,,
Mary Shaw 1787 Glasgow
Elisabeth Shaw 1789 Glasgow
John Shaw 1791 Glasgow
Archibald Shaw 179i3 Glasgow
Tried the 1841 Census in hopes of seeing this family  Nothing If anyone can help would be great I have been trying for X amout of years

Heres hoping
thanks Elaine J

Anne Burgess

Edited

I searched the deaths index on Scotland's People for deaths of Shaw, mother's maiden surname m*c*w*n, born 1790 plus or minus 5 years. There were no results.

So it seems that there are no records of the deaths of any of the children after 1855.

See https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=854115.msg7221948#msg7221948

Perhaps they all emigrated? Which one are you descended from?

Elaine Jefferson

Ann
You found the same as I did NIL  I am related to the mother way back when. I know nothing of this family. It is possible they emigrated but to where is the burning question, Passenger lists usin Ancestry begin way to late and Shaw ? My husband has Shaw also but not related His come from the Isle of Harris and just about every second person is Shaw
Thank you for taking a look Its been a dead end for many years Being a Marble Cutter, that must mean  he cut slabs for head stone?

Elaine in Australia

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 8:02 PM Anne Burgess via groups.io <anne.genlists=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]

I searched the deaths index on Scotland's People for deaths of Shaw, mother's maiden surname m*c*w*n, born 1790 plus or minus 5 years. There were no results.

So it seems that there are no records of the deaths of any of the children after 1855.

See https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=854115.msg7221948#msg7221948

Perhaps they all emigrated? Which one are you descended from?

Josephine Conray

Hi Elaine

I saw your email to Ann where you say “I am related to the mother way back when. I know nothing of this family”. Do you mean Katherine McEwen as there are a couple of family trees on Ancestry giving some info on her parents and Grandparents.

Katherine did have a brother Archibald McEwan married to Catherine Denny on 1 Feb 1759 Rosneath.

Cheers

Josephine.

Qld Aust.

Hoping some one can help with this elusive family  Katherine McEwen born 1765 Dumbartonshire married Hugh Shaw 1786 Rhu Dunbartonshire This came from Scotlands people with very little to go on  I dont know anything of Hugh Shaw nor where he came from The Registers for GLASGOW shows their children,,

Mary Shaw 1787 Glasgow

Elisabeth Shaw 1789 Glasgow

John Shaw 1791 Glasgow

Archibald Shaw 179i3 Glasgow

Tried the 1841 Census in hopes of seeing this family  Nothing If anyone can help would be great I have been trying for X amout of years

Heres hoping

thanks Elaine J

Elaine Jefferson

The McEwen side of things I am related to  The family came from Helensburgh  ior RHU some went to Glasgow and my 3X gand father came to Melbourne 1852 He died 1856 from Liver complaint Katherine  was sister of Archibald and both kids of John McEwan and Mary Crawford  Katherine brother Archibald married Catherine Denny,  Katherine married Hugh Shaw Their other sister married William Lang and other sister married  Robert Hannah or Hanan

Been at this for 2o odd years still havent progressed far as I would like
elaine