Topics

[SCT-Gen] Message from a Group Moderator regarding the first message posted by each group member

Quist Family

Hello,

I am researching two parts of my family.  First is John Leslie of Burntisland, buried in the Kirkton Churchyard.  He is my 3x Grear Grandfather through his son John Leslie who immigrated to Brooklyn, NY in 1860.  Second is James Mackerwithey/Mcrory who was a prisoner during the Battle of Dunbar sent as a slave to Massachusetts.  There are many theories on his clan and place of origin, but he was born around 1630.  I believe that he was born in Petty, Inverness-shire, Scotland to John McRorie.  Another common belief is that he was born in the Outer Hebrides to Robert and Sarah Macrory.

Erik Quist