Topics

Roll Call

Janet Miller

My huge Scottish Data base includes McNair from Gargunnock, Ketchen, Brown , Pringle, Plenderleith, Sloan, Lavery, Wilson,Heriot (Herriot), Lawson,, Robson, Turnbull, Dodds and Veitch to name just a few. I have numerous brick walls so appreciate any connections.
Happy hunting
Janet

Kenneth Baldwin

Below are the Surnames that I’m researching in Scotland.

  • BRODIE - Parish of Boyndie, Banffshire, SCT;
  • CAMERON - Black Isle, SCT;
  • CLARK - Rhynie & Essie, Aberdeenshire SCT;
  • DEAN - Elgin, Elgin, SCT;
  • GRANT - Rhynie, Aberdeen, SCT;
  • INGLIS - Banff/Moray, SCT;
  • LAURANCE - Banff, SCT;
  • LUMSDEN - Banff, SCT>NZ;
  • MacDONALD - Inverness, SCT;
  • MELVIN - Elgin, Elgin, SCT;
  • McINTOSH - Inverness, SCT > Qld, AUS;
  • McINTOSH - Ross Shire, Scotland>Qld, AUS;
  • McKENZIE - Banff/Moray, SCT;
  • McLEAN - Garmouth, Moray, SCT>Qld, AUS;
  • McLEAVY - Jedburgh, Roxburgh, SCT>Qld, AUS;
  • OLIVER - Jedburgh, Roxburgh, SCT>Qld, AUS;
  • RAFFAN - Banff, SCT;
  • ROBERTSON - Ross & Cromarty, SCT;
  • SIMPSON - Banff/Moray, SCT;
  • SMITH – SCT; STUART - Moray, SCT

Regards

Greg Baldwin

Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia

Email: kennethb@...

All incoming & outgoing files & emails checked by Security software BullGuard.

A&NESFHS 9933

The Ned Kelly Story: http://www.nedkellysworld.com.au/history/history.htm

Fiona Turnbull

Janet - I run the Turnbull DNA project and have Michael Robson's archives for the Turnbull book he was working on when he died.  Let me know if I can help in any way

Fiona Turnbull

Edie McArthur

Hi Greg,
Do you have a dna match with a Bonnie and a Shirley ona ancestry or do you have rellies of that name.  My former husband has both those ladies and Shirley has a 2cm match with  him.  i hav written to her just now to see where she machess. as she does also match with about four other shared matches.  I think they may be Scottish matches. Definitely one of the shared matches is a descendant of Rob and two of our sons great grandfathers daughter who was conceived in Scotland and she married a fellow William Walker also from Airlie in Scotland.  It is our McArthur  line I am most interested in.  So far no McArthur DNA but several names of different branches of the same lineage as McArthurs  I think McArthur is an inherited name.  Locations Caithness, Sunderland, Lismore.  Our John McArthur was in Cathcart, Renfrewshire, working at the time of his marrige in Cambuslang, Lanarkshire  2 December 1856.  Banns were read in CAthcart.  Trying also to find out which large farms there were in Cathcart at that time..OUr Scottish lines are.
McARTHUR, STEVENSON, ORMISTON. BALFOUR, , , STEVENSON Married into the SPEIRS. Isabella had an illegitimate daughter before her marriage to John McARTHURm Christina Stevenson CAMPBELL, daughter of William CAMPBELL a farmer at Cambuslang. , she married a Robert BLACK at Campsie, Stirlingshire. DOUGAL, LAING, ROBERTSON, BENNIE and WALKER of Stirlingshire, Sct..etc.
regards
Edie McArthur
Tasmania

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 8:22 PM Kenneth Baldwin <kennethb@...> wrote:

[...]

I meant Shirley Baldwin hs a 21cm match with Rob McArthur.Bonnies is less cm.
Edie

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 12:21 AM Edie McArthur <rootsancestry57@...> wrote:
[...]

Sue Dietz

I was going to direct this to Fiona (in this email) but not able to so will ask here:

Is there a Wilson DNA project in Scotland? Or only the one at familytreedna.com?

Sue fulk dietz

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Janet - I run the Turnbull DNA project and have Michael Robson's archives for the Turnbull book he was working on when he died.  Let me know if I can help in any way

Fiona Turnbull

Kenneth Baldwin

G’day Edie,

Thanks for contacting me.

Unfortunately I am unable to help you with the surnames that you are researching.

Wishing you luck in your search.

Regards

Greg Baldwin

[...]

Thanks for responding anyway Greg
Edie McArthur

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 7:55 PM Kenneth Baldwin <kennethb@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Sue
As far as I know the FTDNA one is the only Wilson project.

best wishes

Fiona