Queen Elizabeth

Janet Farmer

Happy New Year to everyone.

I'm not disagreeing with Anne just clarifying the Queen's title:

The official style of the monarch is "By the Grace of God of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the CommonwealthDefender of the Faith.  In plain language:  Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain (Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland), Canada  and the Commonwealth.

I think I've gotten it correct):-

Janet

Lindsay Graham

Janet, you appear to be assuming that United Kingdom and Great Britain are synonymous.  However, UK includes Northern Ireland, but GB does not.  For example, see the useful map/diagram at https://www.britannica.com/story/whats-the-difference-between-great-britain-and-the-united-kingdom.

Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

On 2/1/21 01:48, Janet Farmer via groups.io wrote:
Happy New Year to everyone.

I'm not disagreeing with Anne just clarifying the Queen's title:

The official style of the monarch is "By the Grace of God of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the CommonwealthDefender of the Faith.  In plain language:  Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain (Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland), Canada  and the Commonwealth.

I think I've gotten it correct):-

Janet
_._,_._,_

W David Samuelsen

nope!

it's this

"Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith"

David Samuelsen

On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 8:01 PM Lindsay Graham <LDGraham@...> wrote:
[...]

Anne Burgess

Which is why I was very careful to say, "The head of the Church of England is HM Queen Elizabeth, who is the second Queen Elizabeth in England but only the first to reign in Scotland."

The formal designation is indeed the official version, and it proves conclusively that there is no such person as the Queen of England ;)

Anne