McNab

tsinclair@...

Sorry to jump into this conversation so late, but this information took me a while to find. I have a list of grave stones in Boston Mills Cemetery, Chingacousy Township, Peel county, and this might help you:

#10, Catherine McNab, died Feb. 14, 1894, age 72 years, daughter of Duncan McNab and Grace Morrison of Islay
She is buried there with her husband, Robert Lawson, son of peter Lawson, of Clackmananshire, Scotland.

Also in this cemetery:

#84. Catharine J. McNab, died Mar 16, 1854, aged 20 yrs. 9 mos.
Alexander McNab, died Apr. 1836, aged 8 mos.
Duncan McNab, died April 1837, aged 9 mos.

You can see these 3 stones on Find a Grave + Ontario+Peel+Boston Mills. I don't know if or how these last 3 are related, but it's possible.

I've been looking through the names on a map of that township, I think dated 1881, but I don't see any McNabs there. However, a Robert Lawson did own land just southwest of Boston Mills. I think that the nearest church to this cemetery would be at Claude, and there might be some church records available there. Ching. is the township directly south of Caledon.

Toni Sinclair

Malcolm Campbell

Hi Toni

Interested to hear that you have Cemetery listings from the Boston Mills Cemetery, Chingacousy Twp. Peel County.

I have NESBITTs who lived and died in that Township.

Might any of them be interred in that cemetery?

Maybe my GG William Edward NESBITT, d. Aug 19, 1875, his wife Elanor "ELLEN"  NESBITT, d. Aug 9, 1893,

Catherine "Kate" NESBITT, d. 27 April 1877, her husband  Major Robert CHAMBERS,

Annie NESBITT d. Nov. 3, 1867, Captain James CHAMBERS,

Anne CHAMBERS, d. 1932,

Margaret CHAMBERS,

Dr. John THRALL,

Captain John NESBITT, d, 1895, his wife Mary WALLACE, d. 1896,

Annie NESBITT, d, Nov 3, 1867,

Henry Edward NESBITT,

my 3rd gg Dr. William NESBITT,

my 3rd gg Dr. Montalieu NESBITT, d, 1847, his wife Jessie BROWN NESBITT

my 4th gg Dr. John NESBITT, Mary Laidlaw (his wife)

my 3 gg's  Dr. William and Dr. Montalieu were brothers. Their children, 1st cousins married and became my 2nd ggs William NESBITT and Eleanor "Ellen" NESBITT  above

Thanks,

My best,

Malcolm Campbell

From: tsinclair@...
Date: March 5, 2021 at 1:30 PM

Sorry to jump into this conversation so late, but this information
took me a while to find. I have a list of grave stones in Boston
Mills Cemetery, Chingacousy Township, Peel county, and this might help
you:

Ken Harrison

Thank you, as ever, Toni.
Catherine d. 1894 was my GGgmother and I have visited and photographed the
grave.

I was unaware of grave #84 and can not place these. They appear to be
McNabbs in 1852. They may have been cousins of my Catherine.

Yes, that Robert Lawson, husband of Catherine, had a farm on the bank of the
River Credit, just east of Cheltenham. Claude was the church, which I have
visited and I have the records from it.
I'm glad to have your confirmations.
Ken

#10, Catherine McNab, died Feb. 14, 1894, age 72 years, daughter of Duncan
McNab and Grace Morrison of Islay

#84. Catharine J. McNab, died Mar 16, 1854, aged 20 yrs. 9 mos.
Alexander McNab, died Apr. 1836, aged 8 mos.
Duncan McNab, died April 1837, aged 9 mos.

You can see these 3 stones on Find a Grave + Ontario+Peel+Boston Mills. I
don't know if or how these last 3 are related, but it's possible.

I've been looking through the names on a map of that township, I think dated
1881, but I don't see any McNabs there. However, a Robert Lawson did own
land just southwest of Boston Mills. I think that the nearest church to
this cemetery would be at Claude, and there might be some church records
available there. Ching. is the township directly south of Caledon.

Toni Sinclair

tsinclair@...

Hi Malcolm
I see no "Nesbitt" names nor the other ones you mentioned, but there is 1 Chambers:

"Elmira Chambers died May 20, 1873 aged 26 yrs. 6 mos. "

If they lived in Peel County, I would recommend going to the website, "Find a Grave" + Ontario + Peel. Then go down the list of cemeteries using your ancestors' surname to see if they come up with a match. Often they also have a photo of the gravestone.

Good Luck!
Toni

Malcolm Campbell

Hi Toni