Topics

Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group.

Les Horn

Now that the Rootsweb Lists for Argyll and Inverness-shire are closing this is a good time to remind the old users of those Lists, and those who have since joined this, of the Parishes covered by the Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group. The Group has a Facebook page.

The Group covers the Parishes in (north) Argyll which were subsumed into the Highland Region with the re-organisation in 1974, and those in Inverness-shire in Lochaber.

ARGYLL

(Corran of)  Ardgour (part of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour Quoad Sacra Parish [QSP])

Ardnamurchan (includes Kilchoan/Ardnamurchan Proper, Acharacle (below Loch Sheil) and Strontian/Sunart)

Lismore & Appin ( includes Appin, (south) Ballachulish/Laroch and Glencoe, Duror, Kingairloch and Lismore)

Morvern

INVERNESS-SHIRE (LOCHABER)

Ardamurchan (includes Acharacle (above Loch Sheil), Arisaig and Moidart)

Kilmallie (north of Loch Eil) was Argyll pre 1891

(north) Ballachulish, Kinlocheven & Onich (part of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour QSP])

Kilmonivaig (includes Invergarry and Spean)

Small Isles (Canna & Sanday, Eigg, Muck and Rum

South Morar (includes Mallaig),

Edie Mc

Hi
Thanks for useful information.  Can you tell me if the Lismore is the Isle of Lismore or are they close, the males in my family have a DNA location as the Isle of Lismore, one of three locations.

Thanks
Edie McArthur

------ Original Message ------
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Sent: Monday, 20 Jan, 2020 At 6:18 AM
Subject: [SCT-Gen] Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group.

Now that the Rootsweb Lists for Argyll and Inverness-shire are closing this is a good time to remind the old users of those Lists, and those who have since joined this, of the Parishes covered by the Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group. The Group has a Facebook page.

The Group covers the Parishes in (north) Argyll which were subsumed into the Highland Region with the re-organisation in 1974, and those in Inverness-shire in Lochaber.

ARGYLL

(Corran of)  Ardgour (part of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour Quoad Sacra Parish [QSP])

Ardnamurchan (includes Kilchoan/Ardnamurchan Proper, Acharacle (below Loch Sheil) and Strontian/Sunart)

Lismore & Appin ( includes Appin, (south) Ballachulish/Laroch and Glencoe, Duror, Kingairloch and Lismore)

Morvern

(north) Ballachulish, Kinlocheven & Onich (part of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour QSP])

--
eamca57

Anne Burgess

The island of Lismore is the only Lismore listed in the Ordnance Survey Name Books (1850s).

However it makes up a united parish with Appin, on the adjacent mainland, so it is just possible that someone unfamiliar with the geography might get a bit confused.

Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of eamca1944@...
Sent: 19 January 2020 21:47
Subject: Re: [SCT-Gen] Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group.

Hi

Thanks for useful information. Can you tell me if the Lismore is the Isle of Lismore or are they close, the males in my family have a DNA location as the Isle of Lismore, one of three locations.

Thanks
Edie McArthur

ARGYLL

(Corran of) Ardgour (part of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour Quoad Sacra Parish [QSP])

Morvern

--
eamca57

Edie McArthur

HI Anne,
 Can you direct me to where I can find a copy of that  1850 Ordnance Survey Name book would you have the website for that one please.  I have viewed the Breadalbane Survey for 1767, so hopefully it is o the net somewhere.
thanks
Edie Mcarthur

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 9:46 AM Anne Burgess via Groups.Io <anne.genlists=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
The island of Lismore is the only Lismore listed in the Ordnance Survey Name Books (1850s).

However it makes up a united parish with Appin, on the adjacent mainland, so it is just possible that someone unfamiliar with the geography might get a bit confused.

Anne

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of eamca1944@...

Hi

Thanks for useful information.  Can you tell me if the Lismore is the Isle of Lismore or are they close, the males in my family have a DNA location as the Isle of Lismore, one of three locations.

Thanks
Edie McArthur

ARGYLL

Morvern

--
eamca57

Angus Administrator <angus.admin@...>

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edie McArthur
Sent: 19 January 2020 23:31
To: Scots@scotland-genealogy.groups.io

HI Anne,
Can you direct me to where I can find a copy of that 1850 Ordnance Survey Name book would you have the website for that one please. I have viewed the Breadalbane Survey for 1767, so hopefully it is o the net somewhere.
thanks
Edie Mcarthur

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 9:46 AM Anne Burgess via Groups.Io <anne.genlists=btinternet.com@groups.io <mailto:btinternet.com@groups.io> > wrote:

Anne

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> ] On Behalf Of eamca1944@... <mailto:eamca1944@...>
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>

Hi

Thanks for useful information. Can you tell me if the Lismore is the Isle of Lismore or are they close, the males in my family have a DNA location as the Isle of Lismore, one of three locations.

Thanks
Edie McArthur

To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <mailto:Scots@...>

ARGYLL

(Corran of) Ardgour (part of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour Quoad Sacra Parish [QSP])

Morvern

--
eamca57

The Group covers the Parishes in (north) Argyll which were subsumed into the Highland Region with the re-organisation in 1974, and those in Inverness-shire in Lochaber
Would you like to link that Facebook page to a subgroup here for Lochaber & North Argyll? I can create it for you and then pass you ownership of the subgroup. Let's discuss this if you are interested, privately. My email is valorie.zimmerman@...

All the best,

Valorie

Les Horn

Edie

Yes, the Lismore in Lismore & Appin Parish is Lismore Island.

Regards
Les

Edie Mc

Thank you Anne. Just saw your message. Havent been on the computer for over a week.

From: "Angus Administrator via Groups.Io" <angus.admin=btinternet.com@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, 20 Jan, 2020 At 11:11 AM

https://scotlandsplaces.gov.uk/about

Anne

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edie McArthur
Sent: 19 January 2020 23:31
To: Scots@scotland-genealogy.groups.io

HI Anne,
Can you direct me to where I can find a copy of that 1850 Ordnance Survey Name book would you have the website for that one please. I have viewed the Breadalbane Survey for 1767, so hopefully it is o the net somewhere.
thanks
Edie Mcarthur

--
eamca57

Edie Mc

Thanks Les.
Edie McArthur

Sent: Tuesday, 21 Jan, 2020 At 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group.

Edie

Yes, the Lismore in Lismore & Appin Parish is Lismore Island.

Regards
Les    

--
eamca57

Ardchattan @Argyll history

Edited

And just below Les's wonderful LNAFHG area is ours of Ardchattan .. between Loch Creran and Loch Etive around Ben Cruachan, up Glen Etive to Kingshouse.  http://ardchattan.wikidot.com and facebook : Ardchattan Parish Archive 

And for all Argyll : 
https://groups.io/g/Argyll 

Love to hear from anyone with connections.