Topics

Kane

Josephine Conray

Hi to List

My main surnames in Scotland are

James Kane & Anne Smith in Airdrie & Ireland

Laurence McGarry Lanark Scotland

Not sure if this is the correct way to post I could not work out the emails.

Cheers

Josephine Aust.

Bret Busby

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 22:33:30
From: Josephine Conray <javc@...>
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [SCT-Gen] Kane
Hi to List

My main surnames in Scotland are

James Kane & Anne Smith in Airdrie & Ireland

Laurence McGarry Lanark Scotland

Not sure if this is the correct way to post I could not work out the emails.

Cheers

Josephine Aust.

Hello, Josephine.

1. You are one of the few people doing the right thing regarding your names of interest - (family) names of interest should be put in the message subject, so that they can be easily found, by people scanning the message subjects for anything that may be of interest. All subscribers to genealogy lists, should always do that.

2. You may be interested in the new group that is the replacement for the Rootsweb Kane mailing lists - see
https://groups.io/g/Kane-genealogy

It is new, and, still getting new members.

If you are inclined, please join it and post an introductory message there, in addition to here.

The more places in which a fisher casts, the more chance of catching something.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
A Trilogy In Four Parts",
written by Douglas Adams,
published by Pan Books, 1992

Hi Bert

Thank you very much for all the work you do for the list and also for the
Kane site I did not know there was one, so I am on it know.

Qld Aust