Jessie Walker

Bob Elder

Hi

I am trying to find Jessie Walker born 1873 England parents John Walker Mary Cattanach she married John MacPherson 1891 Edinburgh.

I cannot find her birth anywhere in England her father was Merchant sailor when she married her father was dead was she born at sea? How could I find out .

I have everything on their family only I cannot find out where & when Jessie died her husband died 1913 I have a feeling she might have moved up  around Inverness.

Thank you for any help.

Bob Elder

Josephine Conray

Hi Bob

This  information below is from two family trees on Ancestry. She was married to a James Williamson McPherson , born in Liverpool and died 1958 Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Jessie Walker was born in 1873 in Liverpool, Lancashire, the daughter of Mary and John Walker. She married James Macpherson on 15 May 1891 in Edinburgh, Midlothian. They had eight children in 19 years. She had one brother.

Census

30 Apr 1901 • Scotland Cameron Barracks, Millburn, Fort George, Ardersier, Inverness, Scotland. Soldier's Wife

1911 • Scotland  63 Brown Street, Port Glasgow, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Wife.

Jessie Walker lived in Glasgow, Lanarkshire, in 1925.

1925 • 7 Braco Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland

I hope this helps but please verify the information.

I am trying to find Jessie Walker born 1873 England parents John Walker Mary Cattanach she married John MacPherson 1891 Edinburgh.

I cannot find her birth anywhere in England her father was Merchant sailor when she married her father was dead was she born at sea? How could I find out .

I have everything on their family only I cannot find out where & when Jessie died her husband died 1913 I have a feeling she might have moved up  around Inverness.

Thank you for any help.

Bob Elder

Anne Burgess

There is just one birth of a Jessie Walker registered in Liverpool in 1873 with no mother's surname in the index at https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp- Jessie Adel Walker, GRO Reference: 1873 September Quarter in WEST DERBY AND TOXTETH PARK Volume 08B Page 297

the death of Jessie Macpherson, 86 was registered in Newcastle-on-Tyne, GRO reference 1958 December Quarter Volume 1b Page 77.

You can order both certificates via the GRO web site as above. They cost £11 at the moment.

HTH

Anne