Topics

Clan MacDougall

bqbarnard@...

My ancestor, Alexander Campbell, left Islay around 1774 as a child, and most of what we know about him comes from his will, which states he was born in Kildalton and suggests he traveled to Johnstown NY with John Carmichael, also of Kildalton, who was some years older. The one other piece of information about him came from his granddaughter, who was my great-grandmother, Jennie Campbell Jones. According to my great-grandmother, Alexander's family was tied to Clan MacDougall. I'd be intertested in learning more about possible ties between Islay and Clan MacDougall.

J LOCHRIDGE

Interested in your Alexander Campbell who left Islay in 1774.  My  ancestor Alexander Campbell born Killarrow Islay in 1771 didn't leave Islay but it would be good to know if we share DNA?  I have my results on Ancestry and on Gedmatch.  Sorry I can't help with the Clan question, except that the name McDougall was also McLugash in Islay sometimes.
Regards
Johan