Topics

AULD, NEILL, McDONALD, HENDERSON, SWAN, KEIR (KIER) and others

Glennis Austin

Hello to both the Old & New Lists for Scottish Genealogy

It has been many years and an email change since I posted my interests initially on Bulletin Boards, then on Rootsweb and my list of names has certainly grown. Apologies to those who might receive duplicate messages, my thinking being if Rootsweb is still going to be searchable I should update that as well. In due course further detail will be posted to the relevant new Rootsweb replacement lists on https://groups.io/

The following marriages took place between 1808 and 1892. Place names seem to be the main ones associated with the various families but no doubt there are other locations.

Ayrshire -  Kilmaurs, Kilmarnock, Tarbolton, Govan/Glasgow.
Robert AULD m. Isabel (or Barbara?) ORR,  William NEILL m. Agnes FINDLAY, Thomas AULD m. Janet NEILL, Agnes Finlay AULD m. Thomas HENDRY/HENDRIE, William Neill AULD m. Margaret McINTYRE

Lanarkshire - Stonehouse, Dalziel, Bothwell, Motherwell, Govan/Glasgow.
Robert AULD m. Catherine McDONALD,  Euphemia McDonald AULD m. James Reid LEAN

Isle of Tiree - Kenovay.
Neil McDONALD m. Euphemia (Effy) MacDONALD

Midlothian - Straiton, Liberton, Burdiehouse, Lasswade.
William SWAN Snr m. Ann HENDERSON

Fife - Torryburn, Crossford, Dunfermline.
James HENDERSON m. Catherine KEIR/KIER - her parents may have been Peter KEIR and Margaret MATHEWSON.

Cheers
Glennis