Topics

Archibald NICOLSON and Margaret MCLEOD of Isle of Skye

Ian & Margaret Kelly

Hi,

I am trying to find some living descendants of Archibald NICOLSON (1828-1907) and Margaret MCLEOD (c1832-after 1911 census).  They lived at Glenmore on Isle of Skye and are both buried on Skye.  Archibald was a crofter.  They had eight children as under:

Mary 1859-1898 (known as old Mary) married William CAMPBELL. They had only one child Nora Mary (1898-1899).

Christy b1861 married 2nd cousin John NICOLSON. Had about eight children: 1 Donald, 2 Archibald, 3 Rachel, 4 Hugh, 5 Murdoch, 6 Alexander, 7 Norman, 8 John.

Catherine 1862-1950 married William COULL – no children.

Mary 1864-1962 (known as young Mary) married John MACLEOD. Had one child Norman Nicholson Macleod who married Catherine Mary UMBERS. I have this one sorted.

Ann b1865 – no further information.

Murdo 1867-1955 married Euphemia (Effie) MACASKILL. Had five children: 1 Mary Kate (never married, no issue), 2 Archibald, went to Canada & married Ingrid ASPELUND,  3 Sarah married Malcolm DUNCAN, 4 Norman married Joan BRADLEY, 5 Margaret (Rita) married George ROSIE (lived Aberdeen area).

Norman 1869-1871.

Norman 1871-1896 never married, no issue.

I would like to hear from anyone who has information on any of the above people.

Thank you,

Ian Kelly, Queensland, Australia