From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Elder via groups.io
Sent: 10 October 2021 12:51
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] Melrose Australia

I have only found one of my ancestor travelled to Australia Melbourne 1920

William Melrose born 1881 Ladhope Scotland

Janet Scott Melrose nee Dobson born 1882 Ladhope

Janet Johnstone Melrose born 1907 Ladhope

Catherine Elder Melrose born 1910 Ladhope.

Janet I believe return home to Scotland & died about 1951.

Any help in anyway gratefully received.

Bob

Morag Fowler

Young Janet was registered as Jessie Johnstone Melrose, born in Galashiels, Co of Selkirk. Can’t trace her death between 1945 and 1955, with any variant of Janet/Jessie.
Best wishes,
Morag

On 10 Oct 2021, at 13:31, Bob Elder via groups.io <relder@...> wrote:

I have rechecked my files I think both William & Janet died in Australia about 1947.

Sorry about that.

Bob