William & Agnes McKIE returning to Scotland pre 1949?

Robert N. G. KEMSLEY <robtricia@...>

In 1907; William McKIE 29 travelled aboard the "Corinthian" to Canada.
Also in 1907; Wife Agnes McKIE 28 Plus Children William 4, Mary 3 David 6 travelled on the "Pretoria" also to Canada.
Whilst in Canada (1921 Canadian Census) they had an additional 4 children up until then.

My problem now is that I cannot as yet; find any trace of any of the family returning to Scotland as William McKIE is recorded as having Died Scotland 1952 with Wife Agnes Abt 1949.

Any suggestions please.

Robert

Australia

LorneandJudy

Can you tell me where they lived in Canada? So, you have a death record of him dying in Scotland?
Judy

On Aug 21, 2021, at 7:39 AM, Robert N. G. KEMSLEY <robtricia@...> wrote:

In 1907; William McKIE 29 travelled aboard the "Corinthian" to Canada.
Also in 1907; Wife Agnes McKIE 28 Plus Children William 4, Mary 3 David 6 travelled on the "Pretoria" also to Canada.
Whilst in Canada (1921 Canadian Census) they had an additional 4 children up until then.

My problem now is that I cannot as yet; find any trace of any of the family returning to Scotland as William McKIE is recorded as having Died Scotland 1952 with Wife Agnes Abt 1949.

Any suggestions please.

Robert

Australia

Goldie & Lido Doratti

Don’t get stuck on the spelling...try McKEE.........also please send PLACES in Canada.  Goldie

Can you tell me where they lived in Canada? So, you have a death record of him dying in Scotland?
Judy

On Aug 21, 2021, at 7:39 AM, Robert N. G. KEMSLEY <robtricia@...> wrote:

In 1907; William McKIE 29 travelled aboard the "Corinthian" to Canada.
Also in 1907; Wife Agnes McKIE 28 Plus Children William 4, Mary 3 David 6 travelled on the "Pretoria" also to Canada.
Whilst in Canada (1921 Canadian Census) they had an additional 4 children up until then.

My problem now is that I cannot as yet; find any trace of any of the family returning to Scotland as William McKIE is recorded as having Died Scotland 1952 with Wife Agnes Abt 1949.

Any suggestions please.

Robert

Australia

Ken Harrison

Also try MACKIE

ken

[...]

                Morning Judy:

                Firstly; I have just started this line of research as since mid-1988; the family have been searching for Walter McKINNIN who said he was Born in Ireland, but had connections to Scotland, recently finding his true surname to be Walter McKIE and many of the clues he did drop are now coming into reality.

                At the moment; I’ve not a lot to work on, but when they left Scotland in 1907; they went by ship to Montreal. Quebec, Canada and thus far; I’ve only them there in the 1921 Census at Bay Street, Keewatin, Port Arthur & Kenora, Ontario, Canada.

                I have William Dying 7 Oct 1952, The Thornhill Hospital, Morton, Dumfries & Agnes About 1949; this information being obtained from other researchers.

                Being new to this line of research and this list; I am having trouble getting further as I am unable thus far to find any of the family returning to Scotland.

                Robert

                Australia