Topics

Ann Campbell

Eliz Cook

I would like to find more info on Ann Campbell who I think was born in 1897 in Blarnabee, Urray,Ross.
I think her parents were Alexander Campbell and Mary ?
She is in the 1841 census in Breachachy,Inverness, as a crofters widow.

Elizabeth

Lindsay Graham

Elizabeth, do you mean you think she was born in 1797?  Where else have you tried for clues? -- 1851 census?  Was CAMPBELL her maiden surname or married surname?

Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

On 12/7/20 14:21, Eliz Cook wrote:
I would like to find more info on Ann Campbell who I think was born in 1897 in Blarnabee, Urray,Ross.
I think her parents were Alexander Campbell and Mary ?
She is in the 1841 census in Breachachy,Inverness, as a crofters widow.

Elizabeth

Eliz Cook

Campbell was her maiden name.
I have her in the 1841 census and her death later which suggests she was born in 1797.
I have her children in 1841 and some much more recent..
I am unsure of her parents.
Elizabeth

On 12 Jul 2020, at 15:55, Lindsay Graham <LDGraham@...> wrote:

Elizabeth, do you mean you think she was born in 1797?  Where else have you tried for clues? -- 1851 census?  Was CAMPBELL her maiden surname or married surname?

Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

On 12/7/20 14:21, Eliz Cook wrote:
I would like to find more info on Ann Campbell who I think was born in 1897 in Blarnabee, Urray,Ross.
I think her parents were Alexander Campbell and Mary ?
She is in the 1841 census in Breachachy,Inverness, as a crofters widow.

Elizabeth

Anne Burgess

Edited

Please state everything you know about her, including the names of her children in order, what the 1841 census says, and when and where she died. No point in everyone else here trying to duplicate what you have already found.

Doreen Hale

I have an Ann Campbell in my direct line back... had great trouble finding her birth as by the time she reached Canada then ultimately New Zealand, she known as Agnes.
I understand there are commonly
interchangeable names in Scotland, there was an Ann of the same age in the 1841 Census with my family but not my Agnes. Same person!

[Edited Message Follows]