Topics

Islay

Darcy Plummer

Islay only please 

Darcy

On Feb 6, 2020, at 7:32 PM, Dorothy Bell <dotbell2011@...> wrote:

Islay only please.

John Kemplen <john.kemplen@...>

Thanks Anne, but I was already subscribed to the Islay subgroup, I just didn't want all the other ScotGen messages.  When I tried to manage that in "My Groups", asking to unsubscribe from just ScotGen also got me unsubscribed from the Islay subgroup.  I have now tried the "Subscribe" link on the main Islay page and await results.

John Kemplen

On 07/02/2020 04:27, Anne Farrar wrote:
To get only Islay mail go to the main page https://scotland-genealogy.groups.io  and look in the top left corner. There is a selection for “sub-groups”. Click there and it takes you to a list where you can select “Islay”.

Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2020 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] Islay

Diane, you say below that you don't have to get emails from both lists if you don't want, but didn't say how to do that! Many of us want the Islay feed but not the Scots feed.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> on behalf of M. Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2020 6:01 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@...>

Lynn,

There is a very active Islay list - we are a subgroup to this main Scots list. (There are other subgroups.)

You don't have to get e-mails from both, if you don't want.  And you can always go to your Groups.io home page to read messages.

Islay (subgroup of Scots) -  https://scotland-genealogy.groups.io/g/Islay

Diane
Islay Group moderator

To: "Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io" <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2020 4:54:41 AM
Subject: [ScotGen] Islay

Just a question - Did I miss something when we changed from Rootsweb to this site? Is it now a general Scotland not specifically Islay?

Lynn

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

J LOCHRIDGE <j.lochridge@...>

Thank you Anne, I have followed the instructions you provided.  Fingers crossed I did it properly
Look forward to getting Islay posts only now
Johan

On Friday, 7 February 2020, 07:22:10 GMT, Anne Farrar <afarrar@...> wrote:

To get only Islay mail go to the main page https://scotland-genealogy.groups.io  and look in the top left corner. There is a selection for “sub-groups”. Click there and it takes you to a list where you can select “Islay”.

Brad Rogers <brad@...>

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 21:40:27 +0000
"M Monty" <mjmonty@...> wrote:

Hello M,

Diane, you say below that you don't have to get emails from both lists
if you don't want, but didn't say how to do that! Many of us want the
Go to the Scotland groups.io page.

On the left is a list of options - select Subgroups.

Join the one(s) you want.

I'm not sure if you have to remain subbed to the main group (it's not
something I've looked into), but assuming you do, you then go the the
Subscription section of the Scotland list and set mail delivery option
to No Email.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
We don't give a damn
One Chord Wonders - The Adverts

Anne Farrar

Diane, you say below that you don't have to get emails from both lists if you don't want, but didn't say how to do that! Many of us want the Islay feed but not the Scots feed.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> on behalf of M. Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@...>
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@...>

Lynn,

There is a very active Islay list - we are a subgroup to this main Scots list. (There are other subgroups.)

You don't have to get e-mails from both, if you don't want.  And you can always go to your Groups.io home page to read messages.

Diane
Islay Group moderator

Just a question - Did I miss something when we changed from Rootsweb to this site? Is it now a general Scotland not specifically Islay?

Lynn

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dorothy Bell

Islay only please.

Malcolm Campbell

Agreed. Islay only please

To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>

Lynn,

Diane
Islay Group moderator

Lynn

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

M Monty <mjmonty@...>

To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>

Lynn,

Diane 
Islay Group moderator 

Lynn

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sharee Hughes

Okay. I don't mind getting both, but I haven't seen much from the Islay group, which us the one I signed u for, just from the Scots group.

Sharee

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 1:12 PM Fiona MacAlister <fiona.macalister@...> wrote:
Hi 

The Islay group is a sub-group of the Scots group. We seem to have be automatically subscribed to both. 

Regards,

Fiona

On Thu, 06 Feb 2020, 18:03 Lynn Seamark, <lmseamark@...> wrote:

Lynn

Sharee Hughes

I have been wondering the same thing. All of my Scottish ancestors came from Islay.

Sharee

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 9:03 AM Lynn Seamark <lmseamark@...> wrote:

Lynn

JandS O'Donnell

Yes, I agree. I thought it was just Islay, but I am inundated now with other emails. So much so that I’ve been thinking of unsubscribing as there’s too much that’s of no relevance.

Sheila

On 6 Feb 2020, at 16:06, Lynn Seamark <lmseamark@...> wrote:

Lynn

J LOCHRIDGE

Lynn, I am a little confused.  I don't know what to do to see Islay posts only. I am hoping someone can help
Regards
Johan

On Thursday, 6 February 2020, 16:03:15 GMT, Lynn Seamark <lmseamark@...> wrote:

Lynn

Lola Cook

I thought we were researching on Islay......no?

Lola Cook

On Feb 6, 2020, at 8:03 AM, Lynn Seamark <lmseamark@...> wrote:

Lynn

Fiona MacAlister

Hi 

The Islay group is a sub-group of the Scots group. We seem to have be automatically subscribed to both. 

Regards,

Fiona

On Thu, 06 Feb 2020, 18:03 Lynn Seamark, <lmseamark@...> wrote:

Lynn

M. Diane Rogers

Lynn,

Diane 
Islay Group moderator 

Lynn

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lynn Seamark

Lynn