Topics

40 years looking for parents of John McLeod, b. 1854 or 1855 in Dyke, Elginshire

Claude Hanson <claudehanson@...>

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jim Walker

Have you tried Scotland's People???

Posted your Gedcom on Wikitree?

Regards,

Jim Walker Sr.

scotlandforever7@...
https://twitter.com/jimwalker_usa
Instagram - @scotland7Jimw

Alba Gu Bràth
God Bless America

Jim R. Walker Special Featured Speaker:
Stanford Pulmonary Artery Reconstruction and Right Ventricle Rehabilitation Symposium at the Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge - Stanford University School of Medicine. (Video)

Audrey Rose Sings our National Anthem - Levis Stadium Oct 2 2016 - 70,000+ standing room only.

https://youtu.be/Q_GcAeq8UxE

Audrey Rose Walker (Blind (no eyeballs) and severe heart disease (Tetrology of Fallot) & more conditions -
 Critical Life Needs  GoFundMe  account address:

gofundme.com/2a5xeb6c

49ersWEBZONE featured writer Al Sacco presents "Audrey Rose's Courageous Story"!

 Our (then) 12 month old daughter - completely blind - sings 7 songs!!!

http://youtu.be/3TIiH1hVW6I

Jim - Comcast Television Interview - Scottish Highland Games Heavy Athletics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDf2JshQ74

All Recipients of correspondence from Jim R. or Audrey Rose Walker
 The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 06:23:37 PM PDT, Claude Hanson <claudehanson@...> wrote:

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

MSymon <msymon@...>

Hi Claude

Hope this helps, I can't see any reason this isn't your man, unless
anyone else can.

I did a quick check on Libindx but couldn't turn up anyone that could be
him so I turned to Scotland's People, did a search 1853-1856 and found a
John Mcleod born 2/11/1853 in Dyke to Donald Mcleod and Rebekah Ross -
seems pretty good to me with his aunts being Ross. Did he marry and do
you have his death certificate? And I'd be interested in if Rebekah died
early and if these are her sisters, just to cross check.

--
Maggie

Chas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Hi,

Had a look for you, to me it looks most likely John McLeod born 1853/4 at Dyke is the son of John McLeod aged 22 on the 1851 Census and who was working with his brother James 20 at Feddan farm Dyke. The mother would be Rebecca Ross born about 1819 at Nigg, Ross & C. ( sometimes Nairn on censuses) the sister of Donald and Christina Ross who all farmed at Sneb or Snab, Dyke in 1851. Their mother was a Christian MUNRO? born abt 1776 Ross and C.

John and James McLeod were born at Kirkhill, Inverness according to the 1851 Census.

A bit less likely, but the John BAIN b 1793 Rafford and his wife Isabell MASSON b 1795 Rafford could be the grandparents of  the John McLEAN b 1853 who was with them on the 1871 Census  as it appears their daughter Mary BAIN had twin children by a David ROSS - Christina and Isabella ROSS who were born & died 1865 Forres. Given the children's name could be  the David Ross was son of the Christina Ross b abt 1815 Nigg, sister to Rebecca Ross.

Regards

Charles

======================
POSSIBLE ONLY

First Generation

1.  Alexander ROSS was born in 1790 in Nigg, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland. In Apr 1881 he was a Pauper living with daughter Isabella in Corhall, Rafford.

Alexander ROSS had the following children:

    +2    i.    John ROSS, born 1811, Moy / Nigg, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland.
    3    ii.    Isabella ROSS was born in 1822 in Nigg, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland.

Second Generation

2.  John ROSS (Alexander-1) was born in 1811 in Moy / Nigg, Ross and Cromarty, Scotland. In Apr 1851 he was an Agric Lab in Brochloch, Rafford. In Apr 1881 he was a Gen Labourer in Corhall, Rafford. John was a Labourer in Woodside Marcassie, Rafford.

Elizabeth MCKILLICAN was born in 1815 in Croy, Nairn, Scotland. She died in 1907 at the age of 92 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland.

John ROSS and Elizabeth MCKILLICAN had the following children:

    +4    i.    Margaret ROSS, born abt 24 Mar 1840, Kinloss, Moray, Scotland.
    5    ii.    Helen ROSS was born about 25 Jun 1842 in Kinloss, Moray, Scotland.
    6    iii.    Jane M ROSS was born about 6 Sep 1845 in Forres, Moray, Scotland. She died before Apr 1851 at the age of 5.
    7    iv.    Alexander ROSS was born about 8 Nov 1849 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland.
    8    v.    Mary Anne Paul ROSS was born about 13 May 1852 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland. She died in 1942 at the age of 90 in Forres, Moray, Scotland.
    +9    vi.    Agnes McIntosh ROSS, born 1856, Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland; died 1939, Nairn, Nairn, Scotland.
    10    vii.    Hughina ROSS was born in 1859 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland. In Apr 1881 she was a General Servant in Middlebank Farm, Errol, Perth.

Third Generation

4.  Margaret ROSS (John-2, Alexander-1) was born about 24 Mar 1840 in Kinloss, Moray, Scotland.

Margaret ROSS had the following child:

    11    i.    William "or Murray" ROSS was born on 15 Jun 1867 in Leith,  Edinburgh, Scotland.

9.  Agnes McIntosh ROSS (John-2, Alexander-1) was born in 1856 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland. She died in 1939 at the age of 83 in Nairn, Nairn, Scotland.

In Apr 1851 John MCLEOD, son of John MCLEOD and Rebecca ROSS, was a Farm Servant in Feddan, Dyke, Moray. He was born in 1853 in Dyke, Moray, Scotland.

John MCLEOD and Agnes McIntosh ROSS had the following child:

    12    i.    Alexander MCLEOD was born in 1879 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland.

https://www.avg.com

Goldie & Lido Doratti

My advice would also be to go to Scotland’s People.  After 1855 all marriages and births were supposed to be registered.  You could get his birth registration, and also check some of the census records.  Here in Canada it costs about $13 for 5 queries, so make them count.  Figure out what you need to find the info you want and then go and try it.
If you know for sure he is born 1879, then that’s not him on the 1871 census.  I  would try the 1881 and see what I could find.  Possibly he is illegitimate which is why you are having such a hard time finding him.  Just now here in Canada the Mormon Church Family History Rooms are closed, but if you go there you can see the film for yourself and see who the witnesses were.  Not all witnesses were given, sometimes a child was baptised ‘before the congregation’.......but if they are given it adds sometimes, some relatives to the parents which is of great help.  But try SP and see what you get.  Good luck, Goldie

Isent a reply but it didn't come through due to the way I have my mailing lists threaded. My mistake

Hi Claude

Hope this helps, I can't see any reason this isn't your man, unless anyone else can.

I did a quick check on Libindx but couldn't turn up anyone that could be him so I turned to Scotland's People, did a search 1853-1856 and found a John Mcleod born 2/11/1853 in Dyke to Donald Mcleod and Rebekah Ross - seems pretty good to me with his aunts being Ross. Did he marry and do you have his death certificate? And I'd be interested in if Rebekah died early and if these are her sisters, just to cross check.

aberloursearch@...

Hi,

You could try contacting the local heritage centre at Grant lodge in Elgin, they have copies of the poor law records for the areas you are interested in. If your John MacLeod born 1854 or 1855 in Dyke was illegitimate there may be records of the mother applying for poor relief from the parish which may contain the name of his father and almost certainly the name of his mother.

Hope this may help with your research.

Regards

Ray

[...]

Thank you Jim, Maggie, Charles, Goldie & Lida,  and Ray!  What a great day ... getting your suggestions and recommendations.  I tried to answer
each of you individually; however, I couldn't figure out how.  (of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most)  I'm going to try to be very specific in the questions I ask... I'm not meaning to be rude or thoughtless.
1.  How do I contact "Scotland's People"?
2.  Right now I'm thinking my John McLeod was born 2/11/1853 in Dyke.  Info on Ancestry.com says his father Donald McLeod and mother Rebeckah Ross.  There must be an original birth record.  Where could I find it?
3.  The 1861 census of Forres that lists Christina Ross, Rebekah Ross, and John McLeod as a nephew of Christina Ross says the two ladies (I assume they are sisters) were born in Nairn, Nairnshire.  Christina 44 would have been born abt 1817 and Rebeckah 31 about 1830.  I assume this Rebeckah is John's mother and Christina is his aunt.  Where might we find who Christina and Rebeckah's parents are?
4.  Honestly, Charles, you put together four generations of that I took years to put together...plus making a trip with my wife and her sisters to Rafford to search for members of the Ross family.  The John McLeod we are looking for his my wife's grandfather.  and, her father is the Alexander John McLeod born in 1879.  I need to have clarified information you mentioned  concerning the 1851 census of Dyke area and the McLeod's and Ross's in the area.  I'm thinking Rebeckah and Donald, John's parents were never married.
5.  I also think perhaps there is a connection with John Bain and the Ross family...and that John McLeod is their grandson.  But how?
6.  And last!  Can anybody find a John McLeod in or around The Crook, in the Parish of Alves in the 1881 census?  That is just two years after he gave that area as his home when they registered the birth of their son, my father-in-law.

Sorry, this is so long...but, I do appreciate you all for your help.  Claude

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 4:13 PM aberloursearch via groups.io <aberloursearch=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Anne Burgess

Edited

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk - it's a pay-per-view site, but modestly priced. It is the only place to find digital images of almost all original Scottish records of births/baptisms, banns/marriages and deaths (but not burials) and census.

In 1841 there is a family at Sneb, Dyke comprising Donald Ross, 30; Christian Ross, 65; Christian Ross, 25; and Rebecca Ross, 20. In 1851 Rebecca Ross, 27, is with her brother Donald, 37, and sister Christina, 34, at Snab of Moy, parish of Dyke. In 1861 Christina, 44, and Rebecca, 31, are in Forres with John McLeod, 7. If he was 7 in the 1861 census, which was taken on 7 April, so John must have been born between 8 April 1853 and 7 April 1854. That fits perfectly with the baptism on 2 November 1853.

There is a marriage of a Rebeccia Ross to David Winchester in Forres on 13 June 1862. This looks like the same Rebecca. If I were you I would want to see that marriage to confirm the parentage of Rebecca Ross. I would also want to look at the originals of the censuses to see if Rebecca's age really was recorded as 20 in 1841, 27 ten years later and 31 another ten years after that. The 1853 baptism might provide a clue about John McLeod's supposed father Donald McLeod.

I would also want to check the Dyke Kirk Session records to see whether they contain any information about Donald McLeod and Rebecca Ross. For information about this line of enquiry see https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=825881.0

However none of this actually proves that John McLeod, illegitimate son of Donald McLeod and Rebecca Ross, is the one who fathered Alexander McLeod with Agnes Ross.

There is a John McLeod, aged 27, private patient, in Ladysbridge Hospital, near Banff in the 1881 census. I was unable to resist buying a copy of that census, and his place of birth is a bit mangled but could be Snab. The records of Ladysbridge Hospital are in the care of the Grampian Health Board archives in Aberdeen https://www.abdn.ac.uk/special-collections/nhs-grampian-archives-72.php. They should contain enough detail about this John McLeod to confirm whether or not he is 'yours'.

Over to you.

Chas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Hi Again,

Well done to Maggie finding John's father as Donald.

I think your John who was Baptised 2 Nov 1853 at Alves married Helen McIntosh at Inveravon, Banff in  1890, daughter of James McINTOSH b 1826 Inveravon, a cattleman there, and Amelia McQUEEN b 187 Auldearn, Nairn..

John and Helen had a least 8 children , 7 at Alves where John was probably the Blacksmith, John died in 1929 and his wife Helen in 1953,  both at Alves.

Rebecca ROSS was given as age 20 on the 1841 Census at Dyke and born out of County and was also shown as born at Nigg, Ross and Cromarty later as were her siblings.. So she would have been born between 1816 and 1821 at Nigg.( ages are rounded down to the closest 5 years).

The Donald Ross father of John McLeod MAY have been the one born at Dyke 29 Feb 1832 at  Dyke to Donald Ross (1794 Urray -1871 Dyke) and Ann Sim (1791 Garmouth -1874 Dyke). They were all living at Dyke in 1851.

First Generation

1.  Donald MCLEOD was born on 29 Feb 1832 in Dyke, Moray, Scotland.

and Rebecca ROSS, daughter of ROSS and Christian MUNRO, was born about 1821 in Nigg , R & C or Nairn, Nairn, Scotland.

Donald MCLEOD and Rebecca ROSS had the following child:

    +2    i.    John MCLEOD, born abt 2 Nov 1853, Dyke, Moray, Scotland; married Helen MCINTOSH, 1890, Inveravon, Banff, Scotland; died 1929, Alves, Moray, Scotland.

Second Generation

2.  John MCLEOD (Donald-1) was born about 2 Nov 1853 in Dyke, Moray, Scotland. He died in 1929 at the age of 76 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.

Agnes McIntosh ROSS, daughter of John ROSS and Elizabeth MCKILLICAN, was born in 1856 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland. She died in 1939 at the age of 83 in Nairn, Nairn, Scotland.

John MCLEOD and Agnes McIntosh ROSS had the following child:

    3    i.    Alexander MCLEOD was born in 1879 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland.

John MCLEOD and Helen MCINTOSH were married in 1890 in Inveravon, Banff, Scotland. Helen MCINTOSH, daughter of James MCINTOSH and Amelia MCQUEEN, was born on 27 Mar 1865 in Inveravon, Banff, Scotland. She died in 1953 at the age of 88 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.

John MCLEOD and Helen MCINTOSH had the following children:

    4    i.    Sarah Ann MCLEOD was born in 1890 in Inveravon, Banff, Scotland.
    5    ii.    Georgina Marjory MCLEOD was born in 1892 in Dyke, Moray, Scotland.
    6    iii.    Isabella MCLEOD was born in 1895 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.
    7    iv.    John MCLEOD was born in 1897 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.
    8    v.    Helen McIntosh MCLEOD was born in 1900 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.
    9    vi.    Jessie Amelia MCLEOD was born in 1903 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.
    10    vii.    Evan MCLEOD was born in 1906 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.
    11    viii.    Rosie Mackessac MCLEOD was born in 1908 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.

Unfortunately facts are chiels that winna ding.

The John McLeod, coachman, married to Helen and living in Alves in 1901 gives his birthplace as Forgue, Aberdeenshire, not Dyke, Moray (FMP transcription). In 1891 John, occupation coachman, Helen and daughter Sarah were living in Elgin, and he gave his birthplace as Forgue (FMP). In 1881 he was in Nairn, birthplace again Forgue, occupation coachman (LDS CD-ROM transcription)

Did you look at the 1890 marriage or 1929 death certificate to check who his parents were? Because I have just done so, and according to the marriage certificate the parents of this John McLeod were JAMES McLEOD and ANN McDONALD. Not Donald McLeod and Rebecca Ross.

I don't know where you got that tree from (Ancestry?) but it's just plain wrong.

Cas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Well done!
The tree was just a possible, I  advised Claude to check the 1929 death cert for John McLeod's actual parents, and you have now ruled this John out as being born in Dyke but he could still well be the father of Alex Ross/Mcleod b 1879 and we thanks to your efforts we now know his parents.
Regards
Charles

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020, 10:13 am Anne Burgess via groups.io, <anne.genlists=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Unfortunately facts are chiels that winna ding.

The John McLeod, coachman, married to Helen and living in Alves in 1901 gives his birthplace as Forgue, Aberdeenshire, not Dyke, Moray (FMP transcription). In 1891 John, occupation coachman, Helen and daughter Sarah were living in Elgin, and he gave his birthplace as Forgue (FMP). In 1881 he was in Nairn, birthplace again Forgue, occupation coachman (LDS CD-ROM transcription)

Did you look at the 1890 marriage or 1929 death certificate to check who his parents were? Because I have just done so, and according to the marriage certificate the parents of this John McLeod were JAMES McLEOD and ANN McDONALD. Not Donald McLeod and Rebecca Ross.

I don't know where you got that tree from (Ancestry?) but it's just plain wrong.

Chas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Hi Claude,

Phew! I think thanks to Anne Burgess kindly looking up Certificates for you on scotlandspeople you finally have it all. You say Alexander McLeod was later living with the  family of John and Helen's at Alves, then surely this is his family.

Tree as below.

Regards

Charles

==========
First Generation

1.  James MCLEOD was born in 1820 in Ferintosh, Ross & Cromarty. In Apr 1861 he was a Coachman to private family in Haddo, Forgue, Aberdeen. In Apr 1881 he was a Horse Hirer in 16 Square, Huntly.

Ann MCDONALD was born in 1818 in Kilmauch, Inverness Re 1861 Census. He died in 1879 at the age of 61 in Inverkeithny, Banff.

James MCLEOD and Ann MCDONALD had the following children:

    2    i.    William MCLEOD was born in 1850 in Ferintosh, Ross & Cromarty.
    +3    ii.    Evan MCLEOD, born 1852, Inverkeithny, Banff; married Mary FRASER, 1881, Edinkillie, Moray, Scotland; died 1912, Cathcart,  Lanark, Scotland.
    +4    iii.    John MCLEOD, born 1854, Forgue, Aberdeen, Scotland; married Helen MCINTOSH, 21 Jun 1890, Parkhead, Ballindalloch, Inveravon, Banff, Scotland; died 29 Jun 1929, Ardgye farmhouse, Alves, Moray, Scotland.
    +5    iv.    Georgina Forbes MCLEOD, born 1856, Forgue, Aberdeen, Scotland; married Francis SCOTT, 1900, Blackfriars ,Glasgow; died 1940, Provan, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland.
    6    v.    James Paul MCLEOD was born in 1858 in Forgue, Aberdeen, Scotland. In Apr 1881 he was a Licenced grocer in boardings with brother Evan in Forteaths Park, Elgin. He died in 1883 at the age of 25 in Elgin, Elgin, Scotland.

Second Generation

3.  Evan MCLEOD (James-1) was born in 1852 in Inverkeithny, Banff. In Apr 1881 he was a Licenced Grocer boading with brother James in Forteaths Park, Elgin. He died in 1912 at the age of 60 in Cathcart,  Lanark, Scotland.

Evan MCLEOD and Mary FRASER were married in 1881 in Edinkillie, Moray, Scotland. Mary FRASER was born in 1856 in Edinkillie, Moray, Scotland. She died in 1911 at the age of 55 in Dingwall, Inverness, Scotland.

4.  John MCLEOD (James-1) was born in 1854 in Forgue, Aberdeen, Scotland. In Apr 1881 he was a Coachman in Geddes House, Nairn. In 1891 he was a Coachman in Elgin, Elgin, Scotland. In 1929 John was a Gardener. He died on 29 Jun 1929 at the age of 75 in Ardgye farmhouse, Alves, Moray, Scotland.

Agnes McIntosh ROSS, daughter of John ROSS and Elizabeth MCKILLICAN, was born in 1856 in Rafford, by Forres, Moray, Scotland. She died in 1939 at the age of 83 in Nairn, Nairn, Scotland.

John MCLEOD and Agnes McIntosh ROSS had the following child:

    7    i.    Alexander MCLEOD was born in 1879 in Woodside Marcassie, Rafford, Moray. Fact: in 1879 in Birth reg surname as ROSS.

John MCLEOD and Helen MCINTOSH were married on 21 Jun 1890 in Parkhead, Ballindalloch, Inveravon, Banff, Scotland. Helen MCINTOSH, daughter of James MCINTOSH and Emelia MCQUEEN, was born on 27 Mar 1865 in Inveravon, Banff, Scotland. She died on 9 Jan 1953 at the age of 87 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.

John MCLEOD and Helen MCINTOSH had the following children:

    +8    i.    Sarah Ann MCLEOD, born 1890, Inveravon, Banff, Scotland; married William WATT, 1929, St Giles Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian; died 1967, Haymarket, Edinburgh, Scotland.
    9    ii.    Georgina Marjory MCLEOD was born in 1892 in Dyke, Moray, Scotland. She died on 6 Aug 1928 at the age of 36 in Reg at George Square, Edinburgh, Scotland.
    10    iii.    Isabella MCLEOD was born in 1895 in Alves, Moray, Scotland. She died in 1895 at the age of 0 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.
    11    iv.    John MCLEOD was born in 1897 in Alves, Moray, Scotland. He died in 1897 at the age of 0 in Alves, Elgin, Scotland.
    +12    v.    Helen McIntosh MCLEOD, born 1900, Alves, Moray, Scotland; married Gerard Dawson MILNE, 1939, Elgin, Elgin, Scotland.
    13    vi.    James MCLEOD was born in Mar 1902 in Alves, Moray, Scotland. He died in Mar 1902 at the age of 0 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.
    +14    vii.    Jessie Amelia "Jenny" MCLEOD, born 1903, Alves, Moray, Scotland; married Richard Herbert PACEY, 1938, Kinloss, Moray, Scotland; died 21 Sep 1951, Reg at George Sq., Edinburgh, Midlothian.
    +15    viii.    Evan MCLEOD, born 1906, Alves, Moray, Scotland; married Muriel Isabel PATERSON, 1939, Elgin, Elgin, Scotland; died 1979, Elgin, Elgin, Scotland.
    16    ix.    Rosie Mackessac MCLEOD was born in 1908 in Alves, Moray, Scotland. She died in 1988 at the age of 80 in Elgin, Elgin, Scotland.

5.  Georgina Forbes MCLEOD (James-1) was born in 1856 in Forgue, Aberdeen, Scotland. She died in 1940 at the age of 84 in Provan, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland.

Georgina Forbes MCLEOD and Francis SCOTT were married in 1900 in Blackfriars ,Glasgow. Francis SCOTT was born about 1852.

Third Generation

8.  Sarah Ann MCLEOD (John-2, James-1) was born in 1890 in Inveravon, Banff, Scotland. She died in 1967 at the age of 77 in Haymarket, Edinburgh, Scotland.

Sarah Ann MCLEOD and William WATT were married in 1929 in St Giles Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian. William WATT was born about 1886.

12.  Helen McIntosh MCLEOD (John-2, James-1) was born in 1900 in Alves, Moray, Scotland.

Helen McIntosh MCLEOD and Gerard Dawson MILNE were married in 1939 in Elgin, Elgin, Scotland. Gerard Dawson MILNE, son of James Mitchell MILNE and Annie Gerrard DAWSON, was born in 1892. He died on 28 Sep 1951 at the age of 59 in Dr Grays Hospital, Elgin.

14.  Jessie Amelia "Jenny" MCLEOD (John-2, James-1) was born in 1903 in Alves, Moray, Scotland. She died on 21 Sep 1951 at the age of 48 in Reg at George Sq., Edinburgh, Midlothian.

Jessie Amelia "Jenny" MCLEOD and Richard Herbert PACEY were married in 1938 in Kinloss, Moray, Scotland. Richard Herbert PACEY was born in 1908. He died in 1962 at the age of 54 in Inverness, Inverness, Scotland.

15.  Evan MCLEOD (John-2, James-1) was born in 1906 in Alves, Moray, Scotland. He died in 1979 at the age of 73 in Elgin, Elgin, Scotland.

Evan MCLEOD and Muriel Isabel PATERSON were married in 1939 in Elgin, Elgin, Scotland. Muriel Isabel PATERSON was born in 1913. She died in 2003 at the age of 90 in Elgin, Elgin, Scotland.