Re: I am researching my great great great gandfather Daniel Mc Alpin. I know he was born in Islay in 1752 and moved to the states. He married Catherine Isabella Mumm. Where can I find archives or possible information on this parents. Thanks, Bev

Anne Burgess

Sorry to rain on the parade, but that information is typical of the sort of shambles you would get if you believed trees on Ancestry.

Scotland's People has a record of the marriage of Daniel McAlpin to Marion Graham in Glasgow in 1778, and baptisms of nine children, all in Glasgow:
Daniel, 1779
John, 1781
Isobel, 1782
Bettie, 1783
Margaret, 1787
Marion, 1790
Mary 1791
Duncan, 1792
Euphan, 1796
all in Glasgow.

Therefore Marion Graham's husband was still fathering children in Glasgow AFTER the marriage of your Daniel to Catherine Isabella Munn in 1792 on the other side of the Atlantic. Therefore they are not the same Daniel McAlpin.