Re: SHAW family

Elaine Jefferson

The McEwen side of things I am related to  The family came from Helensburgh  ior RHU some went to Glasgow and my 3X gand father came to Melbourne 1852 He died 1856 from Liver complaint Katherine  was sister of Archibald and both kids of John McEwan and Mary Crawford  Katherine brother Archibald married Catherine Denny,  Katherine married Hugh Shaw Their other sister married William Lang and other sister married  Robert Hannah or Hanan

Been at this for 2o odd years still havent progressed far as I would like
elaine

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 10:27 PM Josephine Conray <javc@...> wrote:

Hi Elaine

I saw your email to Ann where you say “I am related to the mother way back when. I know nothing of this family”. Do you mean Katherine McEwen as there are a couple of family trees on Ancestry giving some info on her parents and Grandparents.

Katherine did have a brother Archibald McEwan married to Catherine Denny on 1 Feb 1759 Rosneath.

Cheers

Josephine.

Qld Aust.