Re: NICOLSON of Isle of Skye Scotland. Also ROSIE of Scotland.

Joan Smith

I notice you have Nicholson and Macleod going to Canada. I have a James Nicholson b.1826 and a Effie Macleod b.1836 coming from Scotland to Canada. They settled on P.E.I. It had to be around the early 1860s because my ggrandmother was born in 1864 on P.E.I. and her oldest sister was also born there. It seems the Nicholsons and Mcleods married each other often. The only thing I don't have are the parents of either James or Effie. I just know that they married in Scotland and then went to Canada. Would you have anything on the couple.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian and Margaret Kelly <i_m_kelly@...>
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jan 19, 2020 2:53 am
Subject: [SCT-Gen] NICOLSON of Isle of Skye Scotland. Also ROSIE of Scotland.

Hi,
I am researching my mother’s ancestors the NICOLSON family of Glenmore on the Isle of Skye.
Parents are Murdoch NICOLSON & Mary MORRISON of Glenmore.
They had five children as under, all born on Skye.
Kenneth b. 1820 (no information)
Allan b.1821 married Marion MACLEOD and emigrated to Canada 1862.
Catharine b.1823 (no information)
Archibald b.1828 married Margaret MACLEOD and stayed on Skye.
Murdoch b.1834 married Marion MCINNES and emigrated to Australia 1858.

I am also interested in contacting anyone researching the ROSIE family of the Aberdeen/Ellon area.  I have Margaret Macleod (Rita) Nicholson marrying George ROSIE in 1934.

Thank you,
Ian Kelly, Queensland, Australia.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10