From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Anne Burgess via groups.io
Sent: Monday, 11 October 2021 7:29 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] William & Agnes McKIE returning to Scotland pre 1949?

Thank you. It does to the extent of proving that the family who emigrated to Canada are a red herring.

There remains the problem that there is no record of his birth in Dumfries as Walter McKie in 1907, so his birth is **not** proved.

You need to find William McKie and Agnes Thomson in the 1911 census (and, even better, in the 2021 when it is eventually released next year) and see if they had a son Walter.