Re: William & Agnes McKIE returning to Scotland pre 1949?

Robert N. G. KEMSLEY <robtricia@...>

Evening Anne;

I don't know the connection to family in Canada as my mother suggested, but for her to have said that, indicates there is something there, family wise?
I wonder if my mother knew of Walter's past, seeing she lived with him for 43 years?

I know I've seen it somewhere, but cannot readily lay my hands on at present and it's not in the folder, but Walter always celebrated his birthday on the 10th of April each year and I've him born 10 April 1907, Netherwood Cottage, Dumfries, Dumfriesshires, Scotland.

And yes; I've the 1911 Census; Berscar Cottage, Dumfries with the parents as William & Agnes with 6 children which includes Walter 4 Born 1907.
It also records Mary THOMPSON a visitor who would be Agnes's Mother.

Yes; it would be great to have access to the 1921 census as Walter would be in there somewhere as he didn't emigrate to western Australia until 1926.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Anne Burgess via groups.io
Sent: Monday, 11 October 2021 7:29 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] William & Agnes McKIE returning to Scotland pre 1949?

Thank you. It does to the extent of proving that the family who emigrated to Canada are a red herring.

There remains the problem that there is no record of his birth in Dumfries as Walter McKie in 1907, so his birth is **not** proved.

You need to find William McKie and Agnes Thomson in the 1911 census (and, even better, in the 2021 when it is eventually released next year) and see if they had a son Walter.

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.