From: leshorn44@...
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Sent: Monday, 20 Jan, 2020 At 6:18 AM
Subject: [SCT-Gen] Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group.

Now that the Rootsweb Lists for Argyll and Inverness-shire are closing this is a good time to remind the old users of those Lists, and those who have since joined this, of the Parishes covered by the Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group. The Group has a Facebook page.

The Group covers the Parishes in (north) Argyll which were subsumed into the Highland Region with the re-organisation in 1974, and those in Inverness-shire in Lochaber.

ARGYLL

(Corran of)  Ardgour (part of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour Quoad Sacra Parish [QSP])

Ardnamurchan (includes Kilchoan/Ardnamurchan Proper, Acharacle (below Loch Sheil) and Strontian/Sunart)

Lismore & Appin ( includes Appin, (south) Ballachulish/Laroch and Glencoe, Duror, Kingairloch and Lismore)

Morvern

INVERNESS-SHIRE (LOCHABER)

Ardamurchan (includes Acharacle (above Loch Sheil), Arisaig and Moidart)

Kilmallie (north of Loch Eil) was Argyll pre 1891

(north) Ballachulish, Kinlocheven & Onich (part of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour QSP])

Kilmonivaig (includes Invergarry and Spean)

Small Isles (Canna & Sanday, Eigg, Muck and Rum

South Morar (includes Mallaig),

--
eamca57