Re: James Alexander Dallas GRAY 1866-1899

Rosemary

Hi Stuart,

On 18/01/2020 21:02, stuart.adam@outlook.com wrote:
Ok - final thought -
Listening :D

I have also found a middle name associated with a very close friend who was a neighbour (found by accident on a census). You may want to examine the census listings for 1851/61/71 and see if any of the neighbours of James' parents had the surname DALLAS.  Yes, its not likely, but I guess you are looking for any line of enquiry.
I did wonder about it being the name from a friend but I couldn't see a way of finding out - your suggestion may be the proverbial needle in a haystack but certainly worth a look,

Thank you,

Rosemary
Northumberland, UK