From: Ken Harrison
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 12:43 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] McNabb

Check on the Canadian Census site.  About 40 years ago I learned that “Cardwell Co.” (not Cardwell Twp.) as used in this census was a fictional County and the location was actually in Peel County.  I don’t remember why this was done, or whether it was an error, but the fiction was consistent throughout that census for that area.

The actual home was in Caledon Twp, Peel Co., and nowhere near Muskoka.

Duncan had at least 2 younger brothers, Donald & Alexander, who emigrated with the family in 1852.  I have no further info on them, do not know whether they married, where they went, when they died ….  I’ve often wondered about the Oro bunch.

Ken