Re: McNabb

Ken Harrison

Josephine,

Yes, that’s him.  I have the complete census as I noted below, and he was living in the household of Alexander McLaren his son-in-law.

Not sure what your question is, but Duncan had 6 children and I know the name of his father.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josephine Conray
Sent: March 4, 2021 2:54 AM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] McNabb

Hi Ken

Found this on Ancestry not sure if he is you man on the Canada cencus.

Do you know Duncan children if he had any or this parents

Cheers

Josephine

Qld Aust.

Duncan Mcnab

In the Ontario, Canada Census Index, 1871

Name:

Duncan Mcnab

Estimated Birth Year:

abt 1796

Male

Birth Place:

Scotland

Residence District:

Cardwell

Residence Location:

Caledon

Ethnic Origin:

Scottish

Religion:

Congregationalist

Weaver

Division:

Microfilm Roll:

C-9958

Page:

Head of Household Comment:

This person's surname is different than the head of household surname.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ken Harrison
Sent: Thursday, 4 March 2021 8:21 AM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] McNabb

Duncan & Grace were my GGGgparents.  I have found no connection to anywhere on the Prairies.

Duncan was a weaver, and emigrated to Canada with the family about 1852, but I have not located a death record.  Some family papers suggest they went first to somewhere near Chatham, Ontario (no proof of this that I have found) but had moved to Chinguacousy, Ont within a year or two.  He shows in both the 1861 & 1871 censuses, living with one of his married daughters in Caledon Twp. 

Grace also emigrated with family in 1852, according to family papers, but I have never found a record of her in Canada. She is not seen in the 1861 census above, so probably died between 1852 and 1861.

Ken Harrison

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.