Two suggestions regarding names of interest

Bret Busby

Hello.

I have two suggestions for people, regarding names of interest.

The first, is, when posting a message with the name of someone that you are researching, put the name in the message subject line, so that people can easily see it, when scanning the lists of message subjects, when we are looking for names that interest us; name (best in all uppercase), place, and, year.

The second, is, for each family name that you have, of interest, when you have posted your message, go to the group web page, and, at the top of the group web page, you should see a menu item "Find or Create a Group". click on that, which will take you to a Search web page, and, do a search to find whether a group exists for the family name; if so, join it, and post a message also to that group, about your person/people of interest, related to that name, if you have not already.

And, remember - we who are migrating Rootsweb lists to groups.io groups, are doing this on an ongoing basis, so, I am currently doing it at the rate of two or three a day, and, with other Rootsweb List Administrators doing this, the name groups are being added to, daily, so, it is worth checking weekly, if not daily, to find whether your names of interest, have name genealogy groups, at groups.io .

As a single example, the Rootsweb Kane mailing list, got migrated to the Kane-genealogy group, in the last day or so.

The more places that a fisher sets a line, the more chance of obtaining a catch, and, the potential to catch more.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

you'll know what the answer means."