Re: Marriage record - Mull

Goldie & Lido Doratti

If what you think you see is right....GOOD NEWS!!  It names a croft or small village!!  Can you send a copy of the page to me direct and I’ll see what I can make of it?  Happy to help if I can.  It would be (likely) the first time the banns were read..usually 3 times.....in both parishes .. IE where the groom lived, and where the bride lived.  And yes it would be “proclamation”  This is too small for me to read, but I can do so.  Goldie

From: Seymour Hosking
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:38 AM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] Marriage record - Mull

This shows the marriage of my wife's ancestors in Mull. "John McIlphadrig in ? and Janet Campbell ?? married" (14th August 1792).

Help with the words where I have put question marks would be great. The words after Janet's name might be "after proclamations" (of banns). Presumably the other word is where John lives, although I thought he lived in Penmore.

Thanks! Seymour