Re: Test

Lynne Roberts

Well, I'm behind the eight ball here - my guess that someone has requested a roll call, so I'll add my Scottish brick wall.

My 3rd great grandfather is Duncan Campbell - is there a more common Scottish name?  He arrived in the US around 1800 with a wife, Christiana and daughter Katherine.  I have researched him extensively for years and have found not a whiff of information about his origins other than "Scotland" - not even in his naturalization information.  I went to Scotland - and spent a great deal of time on Scotland's people looking for christening or other family documents that might give me a clue.  Based solely on the given names - I finally decided that he came from the Killin area in Perthshire.  I found a letter from a Peter Campbell about son Duncan (Duncan's oldest son was named Peter) in the Scottish archives in Edinburgh complaining about to the laird about the misappropriation of land.  The family ended up in Radnor, Delaware, OH after stops in Pennsylvania and Licking Co, OH.  This is probably TMI but I'm always hoping that something will ring a bell with someone.

Lynne Roberts
Roseville, CA