Re: Place name

Ken Harrison

Glynn,

I have your Andrew and Catherine (who I assume you meant was born 1779) in my data, plus 8 children and several generations below them.  Catherine sometimes went by the name McMath.  I have no data prior to the two of them.

I have not been able to prove any connection between my mob and Andrew’s, and all the data I have has been sent to me over the past couple of decades by other persons on predecessors to this List.

Please contact me off List at kenharrisonATShaw.ca and we can figure out how best for me to send to you what I have.

Ken

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glynn Currie
Sent: December 24, 2020 6:53 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] Place name

Ken,

Merry Christmas.

My paternal grandmother is descended fro two McNabb families who came from Islay and settled in Simcoe Ontario some time around 1830. I have not been able to connect them to a family in Islay. Andrew McNabb, b.1777, his wife Catherine Matheson, b. 1879, children: Findlay McNabb, 1813, Duncan McNabb b. 1810, James McNabb b.c. 1815. Would you have a connection?

Glynn

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.