From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> on behalf of Barbara Gooding via groups.io <barbgooding@...>
Sent: 23 December 2020 21:43
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <scots@scotland-genealogy.groups.io>
Subject: [ScotGen] Mystery Photo

I received this photo from a relative's estate.  Any suggestions for identifying this mystery man?  The photo is quite small: slightly less than 2" x 4" and it's printed on photographic paper not a thick card.  It probably dates from the late 1800s to early 1900s.  The photo is marked "Chief Hugh Fraser," but representatives of Clan Fraser and Clan Fraser of Lovat have told me he is not one of their people.  One suggestion was the tartan looked like McKenzie.  If it helps, my family was mainly from Glasgow, Dumbfries-shire, and Renfrewshire.  Their surnames were Fletcher, Richardson, and Graham.  Many thanks.

Barbara from California