Re: Thomson/Thompson in the Borders of Scotland.

ROBERT F. RIDER

That's interesting. Thank you. I may be in luck by looking more there.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> on behalf of Anne Farrar <afarrar@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 5:33:07 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] Thomson/Thompson in the Borders of Scotland.

The following is a direct quotation from the  Borders Family History webpage

“Selkirk Parish is situated in the County of the same name being bounded on the north by the Parishes of Caddonfoot and Galashiels, on the east by the Parishes of Bowden and Lilliesleaf and on the south-east by the Parish of Ashkirk all in Roxburghshire, on the south-west by the parish of Kirkhope and on the west by the Parish of Yarrow. Ashkirk is now linked with the ecclesiastical parish of Selkirk. “

Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 7:35 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] Thomson/Thompson

These are from the associated churches microfilm I ordered in and viewed and copied at my local LDS church.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Midlem, August 15th.,1762
Robert Thomson and Agnes Elliott his wife in Midlestead in the parish of Selkirk hade a child baptized at Midlem on the Lords day before the congregation by all, Andrew Arnett Minister of the gospel in the associated congregation of Midlem. The child, name Euphans.(Euphemia as shown in the family bible of Robert Thomson)

May 15,1765 (Huntlie or Hunlie)

Robert Thomson and Agnes Elliott, his wife in Howdenhawgh in the parish of Ashkirk hade a child baptized at Hunlie before the congregation by minister Andrew Arnott in the associate congregation of Midlem. The childs name Andrew.

Andrews baptism in the parish of Ashkirk? This town is hard to make out but I believe it to be Ashkirk. There are no other names mentioned but the above.

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.