Re: Thomson/Thompson in the Borders of Scotland.

Goldie & Lido Doratti

If you can go back and re-read the film..take down all the THOMpSON and Elliot families you can find........you may find someone around the same time period who is related......then work with that person and see what you get.  Maybe nothing, but it’s worth the shot.  I have seen TOMSON spelling as well....work with any/all spellings you can come up with.  But DO go back over the film.  It’s a hard go, I admit, but easy to miss a detail.  Could HUNLIE, be HUNTLY?  Goldie

From: ROBERT F. RIDER
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 4:35 PM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] Thomson/Thompson

These are from the associated churches microfilm I ordered in and viewed and copied at my local LDS church.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Midlem, August 15th.,1762
Robert Thomson and Agnes Elliott his wife in Midlestead in the parish of Selkirk hade a child baptized at Midlem on the Lords day before the congregation by all, Andrew Arnett Minister of the gospel in the associated congregation of Midlem. The child, name Euphans.(Euphemia as shown in the family bible of Robert Thomson)

May 15,1765 (Huntlie or Hunlie)

Robert Thomson and Agnes Elliott, his wife in Howdenhawgh in the parish of Ashkirk hade a child baptized at Hunlie before the congregation by minister Andrew Arnott in the associate congregation of Midlem. The childs name Andrew.

Andrews baptism in the parish of Ashkirk? This town is hard to make out but I believe it to be Ashkirk. There are no other names mentioned but the above.