Re: Thomson/Thompson in the Borders of Scotland.

Anne Burgess

Edited

You should certainly get the two marriage records, but do not expect them to tell you the names of the couple's parents. In pre-1855 marriage records you do occasionally get the name of the bride's father, but the name of the groom's father is almost never included, and I have never seen one including the couple's mothers' names.

I did look at the two FindAGrave sites, and they do indeed contain lots of useful information about the people buried in those graves.

It's the postulated link between them and Andrew Thomson b 1765 in Scotland that I believe to be wrong.