Re: Thomson/Thompson in the Borders of Scotland.

Josephine Conray

Hi Robert

Do you have a family tree on Ancestry if yes what is it called.   

The two web sites I sent were not family trees but Find a Grave site that had a biro on each person, but they both came from the one Family tree.

If you think Robert did married Agnes Elliot these records are from Scotland People for the two marriage of Robert Thomson from Bowden and Agnes Elliott from Selkirk. You should get these two records to see if it shows the Parents to them both.

Cheers

Josephine

Qld Aust.

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of ROBERT F. RIDER
Sent: Monday, 14 December 2020 2:45 PM
To: scots@scotland-genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [ScotGen] Thomson/Thompson

Thanks so much for your post. The first tree you show is my line.Andrews Father Robert I am fairly sure did not remarry Agnew Elliott in the U.S. as Andrew was born in Scotland in 1765 not America as one tree showed Robert remarrying Agnes in the U. S. If Robert came here it would be in the late 1700s. The other trees must be for a different Robert.I have not found a death or burial for Robert or Agnes in Scotland as of yet, hence my questions. I found Andrew and a sister Euphemia's baptism in Scotland on family search microfilm, both in Scotland.

Join Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.