Re: Thomson/Thompson in the Borders of Scotland.

Scott Thomson

Interesting. I have a fifth great-grandfather, Andrew Thompson, who probably came from Scotland and died in 1792; his wife was named Penelope. His son, also Andrew, was born in 1763-64 in Delaware and died in 1851 in Loudoun Co. Andrew II had a son Samuel, my great-great-great-grandfather; Samuel’s daughter, my great-great-grandmother, Mary Ellen, told a census enumerator that she, or perhaps her father, was Scots-Irish.

On Dec 13, 2020, at 9:39 PM, Josephine Conray <javc@...> wrote:

Hi Robert

There are about 220 Family Tree on Ancestry for this Family. I have taken some information from one family tree as it has DNA connection to Andrew Thompson born 1765 Bowden, Scot.

Andrew Thompson born 1765 Bowden Roxburgh Scot and died 1 April 1810 Edgar, Illinois, US married on 20 July 1798in Maryland, US to  Elizabeth D Tuel / Tull  born1780 Maryland – died 1851 Washington City. They had 5 Children. Elizabeth had two more husbands no 2 James Honeywell & no 3 Morris Vail.

Andrew Farther
Robert Thompson born 10 Aug 1722 Bowden, Roxburgh shire, Scotland and Died 1 Sep 1779 Louisa, Virginia, US married 5 Feb 1750 Bowden Roxburgh and then again in the USA on 17 Feb 1759 in Augusta, Virginia, both times to Agnes Elliot born 11 June 1724 in Selkink Roxburgh Scotland,
They had 8 children.   Elizabeth death is unknown but she had a second marriage to Robert Mickey born 1721

Andrew Grandfather
Samuel Thompson Jr  born 31 Dec 1691 Blair Manor Ayrshire and Died 28 Aug 1753 Fredericksville, Virginia US he married 1717 in Virginia to (no 1)  Hannah Glass born 1697 Sinnington Yorkshire England. And Died 1722 Fredericksville. They had 9 children    Samuel  arrived in 1749  Virginia, US

It would seem that Samuel married 4 times:-

No 2 Sarah Williams b1703 Rappahannock Virginia US D 1781 North Carolina

No 3 Temperance Yancey b1696 Louisa Virginia d1753 Louisa Virginia, married 1743  Later, Nottoway, Virginia US  1 child

No 4 Ester Davidson 1700 Scotland died 1771 Maryland US  2 children

Andrew great grandfather Note the name change.

Thomas Thomason Thomasson Sr,  born Feb 1646 Norfolk Greater London died May 1730 King William Co Virginia US marries 1669 in Virginia to Genia Reeves born 1648 Virginia and died 1720 in King William County Virginia. 1 child

Andrew 2nd  great grand father
George Thomasson born 1592 Cheshire England and died 10 April 1666 St Dunstans, London married Katherine Hutton born 1612 London and died 12 Dec 1646 London married in 1657 London . They had 11 children

The two web sites below has a lot of information on George & Thomas  family , wills ect,  It looks like a very interesting family.

Hope this helps