Re: Message from a Group Moderator regarding the first message posted by each group member

J Hansen

Hi Bret and everyone,

Just for starters, here are some of my Scottish surnames with more-or-less specific locales:
Gardner/Wilson- Glasgow, late 1700s- mid-1800s (I believe they came from elsewhere to work in the textile factories, but that's just speculation).
Colden- Borders region, mid-to-late 1600s to mid-1700s- at least 2 generations were ministers and lived in several different towns including Duns, Oxnam, Bunkle, Whitsome
Christie- Kelso- late 1600s to early 1700s
Rhind- Aberdeenshire and Banchory-Devenick- mid-1700s to early 1800s
Ross- Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire- 1700s+

     Juliann

"42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything."- Douglas Adams