Re: How many people on this list are r1b1c7

He served in the American Revolution, but none of the records have found through fold three or daughters of the American Revolution show parents names. North Carolina didn’t start issuing death certificates until the early 1900s. He passed in 1829.

Yes, his first wife was Rachel and he had six kids with her. Then he left New Jersey and moved to North Carolina and remarried, having 4 more children, which is where my family line comes into play. We don’t know why he left his wife in New Jersey.

On Dec 12, 2020, at 3:36 PM, LorneandJudy <lorneanderson@...> wrote:

Ok, well it is good that I seem to be on the right track. Have you been in contact with the person that owned that Tree. So, I am guessing any military or marriage/death records have his parents named. I did see that his first wife was a Rachel. You must have seen the picture then of all those fellow at his gravesite and that a 4th GG had written a note also?
<image0.png>

On Dec 12, 2020, at 1:03 AM, Ashlee McCoury White <ashlee_white05@...> wrote:

Aww, thank you. I have an Ancestry subscription. Just can’t get more info on parents or anyone beyond my 6th great grandfather. His name was Malcolm McCourry, 1742-1829. We know all about him as far as his kidnapping, settling in NJ, and eventually moving to NC. We just know nothing of his parents. Some show that his last name was a variation of MacQuarie before he came to NY. So all we know of his dad is that last name, the possible first name of John, 1720-1742, Argyll, Islay. All we know of his mom is a possible first name of Rachel. But even with that info, we can’t get any further. You’re welcome to dig around if you want. I welcome the help!

• Ashlee White •

On Dec 11, 2020, at 10:00 PM, Josephine Conray <javc@...> wrote:

Hi Ashlee

Send the names & date of the people you’re looking for and I will have a look on Ancestry to see if there is anything

Aust.