Re: Buchanan

mackay

The Dunnville District Heritage Association might be able to help you with the Buchanan family.

https://www.dunnvilleheritage.org/

From: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of jwmmackay@...
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2020 11:33 AM
To: Scots@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ScotGen] Buchanan

My second great grandfather John McKay of Welland (who had immigrated to Canada from Scotland) married a Mary Buchanan of Dunnville in 1873. I have not been able to find much about her family, so if there is any chance she is of your Buchanans please let me know. It’s been years since my research, but my notes say that these Buchanans were Irish, but Methodist, which at the time led me to believe they were probably from Northern Ireland.