Re: Four webinars about Scottish research

Wayne Shepheard

Well said, Anne. I think my wife's entire family, and a few of my own ancestors, would be insulted. Surely people who study or wish to comment on dialects or regional language variations (not just limited to Scottish backgrounds) could state their ideas with more clarity and sensitivity.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 2:57 AM Anne Burgess via groups.io <anne.genlists=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
As a Scot, I find it patronising and faintly offensive that language I and my friends use regularly is described as 'weird'.

Apart from the expression 'och aye' which is only ever used to mock those who think that we go around saying 'och aye' all the time.