Re: Research help on Thomas Gray, Lord Provost of Aberdeen in 1645

Josephine Conray

Hi Ken

There are quite a few family trees on Ancestry with a mixture of Patents names but most of them have the same dates as yours.

Example of Parents names

Robert Gray/Graye 1560-1618 and Katherine Myles 1565-1617

Nicoll Gray & Katherine Myles

Patrick Gray & Elspait Gordone

Robert Gryer ( de Gray)

Gray &  Mary Button

Most of the tree only have one child John Gray 159. But there is one other that has children as John, Jessie Roack b 31 Oct 1883 Bap. 1 Feb 1884, Thomas, James,  then at the very end Henery/Henry b16 Nov 1654.

Name

Thomas Gray

Mother Elspait Gordone

Father Patrik Gray

Baptism 15/11/1576 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland

FHL Film Number:

991133

Record information.

Name

Thomas Gray

Spouse

Isobell Farquheir

Marriage

05/07/1630 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland

FHL Film Number:

991138

Name

Thomas Gray

Spouse  Issobell Davidson

Marriage  09/06/1654 Largo, Fife, Scotland

FHL Film Number:

1040180

The lady above to what I can work out is also called Issobell Thomesour she was born About 1578 at Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen.

The above marriage has one child John Gray b 28 Nov 1596 in Dumfermline, Fife. Married 3 July 1621 to Alision Marlene.

As to two marriages for Thomas Gray I can only find the two above for Issibell Dividson/ Thomesoun and Isobell Farquheir.  I cannot find any marriage of lady where she is 35 years younger than Thomas.

The years as Thomas Gray was Provost of Aberdeen 1645-1646, 1648-1649, 1655-1656

I am not connected to this family just helping.

Qld. Aust.