Re: John Mackay Problem ..............

Josephine Conray

Hi John

There are no family trees for Alexander McKay/ MacKay and Margaret Simpson, did see their marriage record in 1806 and I did see Alexander record for his Baptisms which was on the 15 April, 1816 at Knockbain FHL: Film no 990655 you might be able to order that film.

It seems strange that Alexander & Margaret  did not have any children in that fist ten years then Alex in 1816 & William in 1821 but there is no other information for them.

There is two Family tree for William McKay/ MacKay & Margaret Cobban, but there is not any new information then you already have on the email.

A couple of bits below for the children in Red

The only other information Margaret Cobban was born 24 Aug 1817 New Spynie  her parents John Connan b1770 and Elizabeth Cooper  b1781 – Died 17 Oct 1827 they were married 29 May 1804 Spynie, Moray. FHL Film no 990802

Sorry I could not help very much