Re: John Mackay Problem ..............

Josephine Conray

Hello Ray.

There are 28 family trees on Ancestry for a John MacKay info as follow. This is from Ancestry so you will have to verified

John MacKay born 6 Jan 1779 Milton of Redcastle, Ross & Cromarty and died 21 June 1861, Police Station, Forres, Moray.

Married to Elspet MacGregor born 1774 Avielochan, Duthil Moray and died 22 Nov 1861 Forres Moray

Children --:

Willian  Born 27 Jan 1811 Duthil, Married to Jane Stewart 8 children

Margaret  Born 8 Oct 1813 Duthil, married to John Douglas 8 children

Isabel   born 18 Oct 1816 Duthil

Some of the trees Have John born Kincastle , Urray, Ross & Cromarty and Redcastle.  I think all these places are near each other, you can take you pick

Hope this helps