I'm trying to put this complete family together just in case it is the family my John McLeod is from....and, of course, I won't really know until I can get information from the hospital that would validate that John was born in Dyke and it would be great if it also reveals he is from Alves! So I can't put any of this into my McLeod tree now and perhaps never!
John Ross, 31 May 1775 at Kilmuir-Easter, Ross & Cromarty - son of Donald Ross and Anne Frasier
married 2 Feb 1805 at Kilmuir-Easter, Ross and Cromarty
Christian Munro, 20 Feb 1777, in Edinkillie, Morayshire - to John Munro and Isobel Russell
1. Don'd (Donald?) 21 Aug 1804, Kilmuir-Easter, Ross and Cromarty (entry lists parents John Ross and Christy Munro -- FHL #990585
2. Margaret, 1808, Kilmuir-Easter, Ross and Cromarty - married William Mitchell - died in 1880
3. Catherine, 1809, Kilmuir-Easter, Ross and Cromarty - married George Bannerman - died 1882 (age on death record 67, age on 1861 census 46) ?
4. Janet, 1810, Kilmuir-Easter, Ross and Cromarty -
5. Kathryn, 1812, Nigg Associate, Easter-Ross
6. Isobel, 1812, Nigg Associate Easter-Ross
7. Christina, 1813, Nigg, Ross and Cromarty - died 9 April 1861 in Forres
8. Rebecca, 1826, Nairn, Nairnshire, - married David Winchester 13 June 1862 - died 2 May 1864 in Forres