Re: Searching for John McLeod

Anne Burgess

Yes, I am using a Windows 10 PC, and no, it will not run the 1881 UK census CD-ROMs, or indeed the similar Canada and US census ones. And I have been unable to get W10 to run PAF.

However I have a friend who is 'into' computing and he set up a Virtual Windows XP on my W10. What this means is that when I want to run a program that is too obsolete for W10 I boot up the XP software in a sort of separate compartment in the PC and then it all runs quite happily. It's called a VMware Workstation 12 Player, but I have absolutely no idea how to set it up.