Re: Searching for John McLeod

Anne Burgess

No, you are not getting on my nerves.

I did find it irritating that someone made exactly the assumption that I had specifically warned against in an earlier message in this very thread, but that isn't important.

The most likely one, I suggest, is John Ross to Chrity Munro in Kilmuir Easter on 22 March 1805. (The index spells her name as Chrity). However don't expect too much from the original record. It will not, for instance, tell you the names of their parents.

There are baptisms of Margaret, 1808; Catherine, 1809; Janet, 1810 and Kathrine and Isabel, 1812, to parents with these names, the first three in the Church of Scotland registers (Kilmuir Easter, Cromarty and Rosskeen respectively) and the last two in Nigg Associate, all in Easter Ross.

There is also a Margaret in 1813 in Edinburgh. This last one could be a couple with the same names, of course, as it's a long way from Easter Ross to Edinburgh.

So it all looks plausible, but I am not sure how easy it would be to prove it is the same family.