Re: Searching for John McLeod

Josephine Conray

Hi Claude.

My Dad was called Claude nice name. I know a lot of people don’t like Ancestry because of mistakes.  I think you should not discard the information in Family trees on Ancestry there might be one thing in that information that might break down walls for your tree. It is up to the person to prove or disprove the information.

I am not sure it these records below are the same David & Rebeccia Winchester that you are looking for; because on Ann Burgess email she said that Rebeccia Winchester died in Forres in 1864, age 38 that would make her born about 1826 I think that is a bit too old.

I found this information for David Winchester,

This is the birth & baptism info for David.

Name:

David Winchester

Gender:

Male

Birth Date:

Baptism Date:

Baptism Place:

Edinkillie, Moray, Scotland

Father:

James Winchester

Mother:

Leslie Macpherson

FHL Film Number:

990797

This is the marriage to a Rebeccia Ross  cannot find any children. Working on the marriage date she should have been born about 1841

Name:

David Winchester

Gender:

Male

Marriage Date:

Marriage Place:

Forres, Moray, Scotland

Spouse:

Rebeccia Ross

FHL Film Number:

6035516

This is the death of Rebeccia

Name:

Rebecca Winchester

Maiden Name:

Ross

Death Date:

Death Place:

High Street Forres

Spouse:

David Winchester Carrier Forres

Original URL:

http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/pe...

This is the marriage to Margaret B Grant

Name:

David Winchester

Gender:

Male

Marriage Date:

Marriage Place:

Forres, Moray, Scotland

Spouse:

Margaret Brander Grant

FHL Film Number:

6035516

The children that I found for the marriage of David Winchester & Margaret Grant are

Diavid dee Winchester born 1859 Kinloss, Englinshire and Died in the USA he married twice Jessie McLarn Louder b1863 Glassford Lanarkshire in Scotland they had 8 Eight children  then he married Emma C (unknown)  Winchester in the USA she was born24 Dec 1881 in Mississippi & died 1 March 1948 3 Three children so far.

In the 1871 Census that I found David is the son of David & Margaret.

Eliza Ann 8 Feb 1863 Forres Elginshire

James 3 June 1873 Forres, Morayshire.

Margaret Lesslie 1 June 1874 Forres

Hope this helps