Re: Searching for John McLeod

Hi Claude,

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 1:58 PM Claude Hanson <claudehanson@...> wrote:
image.png
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#502) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

I can't seem to reply to your message because it is an image rather than text! I usually snip the Groups.io message footer in replies, but leave it so that you see that there are links above allowing you to respond online as well as just clicking reply in your email client or webmail.

Wise to not add people or data to your tree until verified.

My advice about Scotland's People: search the sites you have access to, such as https://FamilySearch.org first. Often you can get dates and places at least which will make your searches of https://scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ more efficient.

Step one for me is always creating a detailed timeline for the Person of Interest, including citations. I find FamilySearch invaluable if only for the excellent citations that are usually ready-to-use with no editing needed. Hope this helps,

Valorie

_,_